8

I arrived at work the next day, and the first thing I am going to do is look for Mr Kenwright and ask him about Doncaster. The match is the day after tomorrow so it has to be quick.

The first place I searched was his office. Good guess, there he was.

I knocked on the door softly.

"Come in!" I heard.

The door was already half opened so I just opened it a bit more and entered the office.

"Good morning Greenwood." Mr Kenwright said with a smile.

"Good morning." I smiled back.

"What brings you here so early in the morning?" Mr Kenwright asked.

"I have to ask you something, sorry it can't really wait." I let out a small laugh.

"It 's okay Greenwood. Have a seat please." He laughed as well.

"Thank you." I said and sat on the chair on the other side of his desk.

"Everything alright?" Mr Kenwright asked.

"Yes, thank you. The thing is Horan and I have found a good right back." I informed him.

"That 's great!" He smiled.

"Yes." I agreed. "What happens is that he plays for Doncaster at the moment, and our first offer on the phone didn't convince them." I informed.

I avoided the fact Niall made the offer without informing me about it first.

"Oh, and why do you think that happened?" He asked.

"Well, from my blackpool experience, I believe that they are used to discussing these things in person." I told him. "Horan and I think that he must love playing for Doncaster if he's still there. He could be in the premier league already. But Doncaster is his hometown so I guess he appreciates it." I said.

"That makes sense. Do you think you could go there? I would love to sign a new player." He asked.

"That's what I wanted to ask." I answered and smiled. "The team plays in Doncaster the day after tomorrow, and we were wondering if we could go there."

"Of course! That would be great. I like your initiative." He said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Let me see." Mr Kenwright opened his computer and started typing.

I just stared for about three minutes, having no idea what he was looking for in his computer.

"There's train tickets for tomorrow afternoon, we can get those right now." He offered.

"Oh, thank you, that would be great." I said.

"Good. You are going with Horan then? Two tickets?" He asked.

"Yeah, as long as I know it is going to be him and I." I answered.

"Great. I am getting them right now. Tell Horan the train leaves at 6pm tomorrow." Mr Kenwright informed.

"Will do. Thank you Mr Kenwright."

"Thank you for making the effort. Make the trip worth it Greenwood, you know I believe in you." He smiled.

"Thank you so much Mr Kenwright. We will do our best." I assured him and smiled.

"Great. The tickets are bought. Good luck to both of you." Mr Kenwright informed.

"Thank you." I said and left the room.

So Niall and I's first trip as a duo is going to be Doncaster. Great. Let's hope it has a good result.