chapter eight

Our families were coming to visit us in our new home, and I was excited to host them. To be honest, if I hadn't gone down the path of education, I was going to choose events planning as my career.

After a week of planning with the interior designer, last week was spent in renovating our house so it looked the way we wanted it to. Because of that, we stayed at one of the Moeti's hotels so that we weren't in the way of progress.

We had officially returned yesterday after work, and came back to a lovely surprise that made the house feel more like a home than a hotel, which was what the previous design gave off.

So, let me give you a description of the layout of the house. The front door is massive, and opens up to a large foyer with a huge wooden chandelier, a dark washed wooden bench for wearing our shoes when we leave on one wall, and a huge white chest of drawers for our daily shoes with a huge wooden frame circle mirror above it.

Further in, there was a huge doorway, leading to our formal living room. On either side of the wall were four seater sherpa material couches, two set circle marble top coffee tables in the middle on top of a brown and white patterned rug. There were two ottomans adjacent to each couch, and a small fireplace down the middle of the wall with two widows on either side and some window chests on each window.

On the other side of the foyer, a large doorway opened to the informal living room, which was where everyone could watch TV. One wall was entirely dedicated to a large screen TV with panelling on the sides to frame it. Below, was a built in horizontal fire place, which was Thuso's idea, along with everything in here really, except for the colour scheme. The couch set was huge, and u-shaped, with a large oak coffee table in the middle and a bunch of throw pillows on the couch.

Behind the big staircase leading upstairs, was the open plan kitchen and dining room. The kitchen was my favourite part. It had all white cabinets. The once black hardware was turned into gold, to warm up the place. The island was large, with a double sink in the middle of it. It had three huge bar stools, and I thought it was perfect.

The dining room was stunning too. One wall was completely glass, the windows opening up to the outside. The other wall was filled with illustrative art and huge credenza that held all the China we received as wedding gifts. The table was long and huge, fitting 12 people comfortably.

We had two more rooms downstairs, and that was the man cave which filled up the entire basement, and the cinema room, both of which were Thuso's idea. I won't go into much details, but his man cave had a bar area, a pool table, and a projector screen for soccer matches. The cinema had these really gorgeous couches, with an even bigger projector screen, a nice snack bar area.

I'm pretty sure my brothers were going to have a blast in the man cave, those two were completely nuts over pool and soccer.

But now, for the real star of the show, my dressing room. It was all white, with rose gold accents and very dim lighting. It had a lot of storage, which would serve me well because honestly, I loved shopping and clothes, I just never had the space to buy a lot of things, but with my new dressing room, and the new money attached to my name, I had all the reason to indulge in my habit.

Honestly, the one thing that would make me want to stay in this marriage, is this closet. Just kidding, I'm not that shallow.

•••

Mmapula wasn't off this weekend, thankfully. She helped me prepare all the food for the guests, and even Thuso participated in cleaning, though it was after assuring Mmapula that it was okay.

We set up everything before they came, and had an hour to get ready before our guests arrived. Thuso's clothes were moved to my room so that it wasn't suspicious that they were in a separate room, including his other belongings.