chapter twenty-two

TW: mature adult scenes ahead, read with caution.

It was a Thursday night.

Which meant it was date night. I won't even lie, I love this new tradition incorporated into our relationship. This was our second date since the tradition started and the theme for tonight was fancy restaurant.

The last time we went out for dinner was on our honeymoon, that felt like ages ago. Who would've thought we'd be here today? Definitely not me.

In my dressing room, I looked through my evening dresses rack for something to wear tonight. I was in the mood for sultry/sexy, this guy needed to be driven crazy by not just my being, but my appearance and most definitely my scent.

The dress choice for tonight, after much contemplation on how far I wanted to go for the night, was an off the shoulder scoop neckline, corset style top, a high side slit and a sweep train finish. It was in a soft navy colour, the silk material feeling very nice on my skin.

I paired it off  with a pointy toe and sparkling bow on the top silver heel which matched my silver clutch bag adorned with rhinestones. I left my dressing room and I started for the stairs.

My descent felt straight out of the movies, with Thuso waiting for me at the landing, eyes drinking me in, and even from this distance I could see him gulp down something. A smirk played on my lips at his reaction, the clear admiration from him giving me all the confidence I needed.

"You look fresh," I complimented him. In a black fitted tux that sat on him like it was tailor made, the top buttons of his shirt left open, revealing his mocha smooth skin underneath, left me with thoughts that had my cheeks burning.

"And you look absolutely breathtaking, I can't believe I get to call you mine," he said, more like growled, voice low and very possessive. That turned me on more than I imagined, my knees feeling weak just by holding his intense gaze, which coupled with his words, was a lethal combination.

"Believe it," I said, sounding a bit winded. Now that I was close enough, I got a whiff of his scent. He smelled intoxicating, powerful, like an alpha male, and in that moment, I could truly throw back his words at him, because I couldn't believe I got to call him mine.

"Let's go," he said, arms snaking around my waist, the warm contact making me feel fuzzy inside. We got into the Range Rover, which was now his everyday car since the Maserati got wrecked in the car accident.

With his hot hand against my revealed thigh through the slit, he drove us to the restaurant without once taking it off. I liked that a lot.

A waitress led us to our reserved table. It was upstairs, a much more private setting than the one downstairs. The tables were sparsely set, probably under ten tables in total, and so far, only one other couple was dining.

Thuso, always the gentleman, pulled the chair for me, waiting until I was fully settled before going around to sit down. He ordered the best red bottle the restaurant had, and reached out his hand to me once the waitress left.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" He sounded entranced, and I was glad my plan for the night was going accordingly. It's funny how almost four months ago, I was telling him how we'd never have sex, and yet here I was, on the road of seduction.

"Thank you baby, you're handsome too," I said, meaning the compliment because he truly was a handsome man.

"I'm glad I reserved a private space, if one more guy ogled you, I was going to lose my mind," he grumbled. My eyes widened, I didn't even notice the stares. But him sounding somewhat jealous/possessive turned me on.