5- Here Comes The Popo

WILL POV-

---- 9:06 PM ----

All sound was muffled as the brunette rushed home; he couldn't think, he couldn't breathe. It felt as though his whole world would come crashing down within a matter of a few minutes. He didn't know what this was about... obviously he had an idea; it was about the murders he's been committing, but the question lingering on his mind is... which murder?

Will kept his eyes out the car window, covering his mouth worried he might snap at the next person who talks to him. The car ride was sombre; Robin and Steve exchanged glances, offering to stay by Will's side the whole time. They knew something must be wrong, but what? They had been so careful; never been linked to any of their escapades before. Did something go wrong? Erica didn't know what to do; this was her first year at college, and although she was a bit terrified for the brunette, she was ready to cuss an officer if they so much as cast Will in a suspicious light.

The presence of police kept the small boy on edge. No, he didn't like nor respect the police after what they did to his best friend, but he was still scared of them using... less then ethical practises to coax a confession and attain a false testimony... he knew it all too well.

His pounding heart felt a mix of fear and confusion, the urgent call from Mike only placed his pulse higher, hearing the terror in his voice.

The apartment came into view; the cop car parked carelessly outside the building blocking the way for the population on their daily commute. Steve parked the car into the student parking lot. Together, they rushed up the stairs as the elevator took too long; they needed answers and the needed them now; huffing up the last flight with the others right behind him.

Entering the room, Will found Mike waiting anxiously by the entrance pacing around in circles and biting his nails. "Where have you been?" The ravenette whispered approaching closer.

"Sorry, traffic!" The small boy lied; a wave of anxiety washing over. Two police officers stretched out on their couch; exchanging a glance with his friends. Their mere presence filled the room with a thick tension. Suddenly, one of the officers slowly turned, pushing himself up with a grunt to stomp over to the small boy.

The officers stood over him, one a stocky man and the other a thin woman with a crooked nose. "Are you William Jacob Byers?" the man asked

The brunette nodded, his voice slightly trembling; not from them, but the things they could do. "Yeah... that's me. W-what's going on?"

"I'm sorry Mr Byers, but we can tell you alone!" The lady officer answered professionally

"Alone?" Mike blinked

"Thats a bunch of bull!" The youthful girl stepped forward, ready to call them out.

"Erica!" Steve gritted through his teeth, knowing her hot temper would only escalate the situation, attempting to grab her backpack to pull her backwards.

"Excuse me?" the male officer asked.

"Don't mind her officer!" Robin nervously chuckled never being one good at social interaction.

"And who are you?" He asked

"I'm Robin, I'm a friend of Will's" The blue-eyed girl rambled