11- Head Over Heels

WILL POV-

---- Two weeks later: Saturday 8:43 PM ----

Two weeks passed since their memorable night at Scoops Ahoy; Will and Mike found themselves getting into a comfortable groove. It was almost as though nothing had changed between them; to some, they already acted like an aging old couple; Living together, waking each other up, texting constantly and watching silly movies together, although now they cuddle and kiss. They were still taking things slow.

They had gone on countless little dates; exploring the town and taking long walks in the park; although there wasn't much to see in this landlocked state. In the secrecy of night, they would walk hand in hand; it was ironically the only time they felt comfortable to... it's hard to be gay in Indiana.

Will felt himself opening up to the ravenette, obviously not telling everything, just little titbits about his ex and the circumstances of how he met Steve and Robin. But he vowed never to tell anyone about the murders; if Mike found out... Well, Will didn't wanna think about it.

The brunette introduced Mike to DND, spending multiple hours discussing characters, campaigns and ideas. They had discovered shared interest in music tastes; apparently Mike was working on a song with his band: Yes, he was in a band with his friends; Dustin, Lucas, Max and El as the lead guitarist, and doing vocals at times.

They had done soo much together that it almost felt as though they had been dating for years and-

"First date to the pharmacy together!" Mike playfully joked, cutting the small boy out his own thoughts, "This is a big step!" grabbing a shampoo bottle off the shelf.

"We've been to the pharmacy before! And we just had a dinner date!" Will mocked back, swinging the empty basket in his arms.

"But this is different," The ravenette peered from over the aisle racks,

"How so?" The brunette asked

"Well, this time we are actually dating..." The ravenette chuckled, walking over to Will throwing the shampoo in the basket.

As they strolled down the aisle together, Mike couldn't help but notice the familiar tune playing softly in the background from the store speakers. A mischievous grin curling his lips, as he recognised the song; it was a song the ravenette had sung with his band; he knew all the lyrics.

Unable to contain his playful nature, Mike's voice filled the store, harmonising with the melody; his tone was soft, matching perfectly to the sound; it made sense why he was in a band, he really had range, "I'm lost in admiration, could I need you this much?" He sang, swaying slightly as he continued, "Oh, you're wasting my time,"

The brunette widened his eyes in a pleasant surprise, a warm smile spread across his face, "I'm sorry, but are you singing Tears for Fears?" he giggled

"Yeah!" the ravenette chuckled pointing at the speakers continuing, "You're just, just, just wasting time!"

Will snorted looking around, "Mike, stop!" He whispered, his cheeks filled with a crimson hue, "People could be watching."

"We're the only ones here!" The ravenette chuckled undeterred, gripping both of Will's hands. Refusing to let go as he shook them around, tightening his grip with a dumb smile on his face. The lyrics flowing from the tall boy's lips as though he directed the words solely for the brunette. "Something happens and I'm head over heels,"