17- Would You Tell Me If You Love Me?

WILL POV-

---- 6:54 PM ----

Will slowly stirred awake; apparently at some point he had fallen asleep. The feeling of a soft blanket flooded his senses; it wrapped his body swaddled with plush as he felt the cushioning of the pillow beneath his chestnut hair. Slowly raising himself to an upright position, he blinked, rubbing his sleepy eyes. Scanning the room, he felt completely disoriented; what day was it? And what time was it?

Confusion clouded his mind; it dawned on him that Mike was nowhere to be seen. He attempted to recall what had happened as he placed a hand on his throbbing forehead. His head pained, a headache swirling in his mind. He remembered dozing off on the couch, with his head in Mike's lap providing safety and assurance. But where did Mike go? And how did he end up in a cozy blanket and pillow?

Just as thoughts started to spin, the sound of the front door caught his attention. The brunette turned his gaze toward the entrance feeling his heart skip a beat; as the jingle of keys filled the quiet room, the door swung open revealing the ravenette, a warm smile illuminating his face.

Mike hobbled in the door, carrying a plastic bag filled to the brim with Tupperware containers. The fragrant aroma of food filled the air; the smell making Will's stomach rumble with anticipation. His confusion instantly dissolved, replacing with mix and delight.

"Hey there sleepyhead!" the ravenette greeted, his eyes sparkling with affection; his voice low and gentle, "Sorry I left without saying anything! You looked soo cute while sleeping!" a soft chuckle graced his lips.

The small boy curled his lips into a smile, "What's that?" he asked, gesturing to the bag.

Mike placed the bag on the table as he walked over to the couch extending a hand to Will. "It's Indian takeout! You seemed sad, so I thought I'd get your favourite!" he softly chuckled.

The brunette smiled tenderly, his heart swelling with gratitude. "Oh Mike! I can't believe you remembered!" accepting the hand to be hoisted up.

"We've been dating for a year Teacup!" the ravenette jokingly rolled his eyes, leading him to the table "Of course I remember!"

As they sat down Mike prepared the table. They indulged into the flavourful food sharing laughter, Will smiled, almost as though the events of the past disappeared. It was moments like these when he felt loved...

The Indian food provided a burst of flavour, tickling their taste buds. It was clear the food was a bit spicy for the taller boy, but he would never admit it! "Do you like the food?" Mike breathed blowing air into his mouth to alleviate the burning feeling.

"Yeah!" Will bashfully uttered, "How's your spice problem?"

"Spice problem? There's no spice problem!" Mike tried his best to remain calm.

"Sure thing bebs!" The brunette jokingly rolled his eyes, "We both know this is too much spice for you!"

"I guess you could see right through me, huh?" The ravenette chuckled.

"Thank you by the way... for everything!" Will reached out, his hand finding Mike's over the table; he brought the hand to his lips to plant a small kiss on his knuckles before letting go. Even after a year of being together, the butterflies never ceased to exist, making their hearts flutter.