22- Chipped Teacup

MIKE POV-

"WILL!" Mike screamed, still squirming in his place; it was clear the muscular man relished in the destruction he was causing. He heard the man shout slurs, demeaning and sexual comments toward the small boy whose whimpers ceased, his croaking non-existent. The ravenette tried to help but his tangled wrists provide no leverage into this situation.

After a few more swipes of the glass shard against the ropes; the friction did its work! The ravenette was free. He needed to stop Billy one way or another; he could no longer hear his boyfriend anymore; if he didn't do something now it could be too late.

With lightning-fast reflexes, Mike picked up the gun the brunette dropped on the ground earlier. Without hesitation, he held it to the air shooting exactly three bullets. His aim was awful despite the cool pose; only one of the three landed, but luckily it hit the muscular man straight in the back of the head.

As he saw Billy's lifeless body flop to the side, the ravenette was gripped with panic running over to the small boy. The sight was truly gruesome; his neck purple with bruises and blood pooling under him.

"Will?" the ravenette crouched beside him gripping the boy tight; placing Will's head on his lap. His pants becoming soaked with red as the blood leaked from the brunette's mouth. Mike shook the small boy, desperately hoping for a response but Will remained unresponsive, his eyes closed and his breathing shallow, getting further and far between each time. Tears welled in Mike's eyes as he tried to do anything, whispering words of encouragement through his wavering voice begging Will to wake up.

In amidst his anguish, Erica, hearing the gunshot burst through the door. Her eyes widening at the sight; the blood and gore she saw, somehow more gruesome than the murders she had seen when she committed murder with the 'Scoops Troop'. "MIKE!" She screamed.

Without hesitation the ravenette turned to her, his voice filled with desperation, "Call an ambulance!" he screamed, his voice trembling.

The youthful girl nodded, immediately running out the room as the reception in the warehouse was abysmal; no reception at all. She quickly dialled the emergency response number, her hands shaking as the fate of her closest friend was at stake; she didn't know what to say to the operator, her voice was quiet, different then her usual spunky, abrasive attitude. In shock, she retold the details as best she could, describing the need for medical assistance.

As Mike waited inside for the ambulance arrival, he continued to cradle the small boy in his arms; Will's breathing slowing. He stroked Will's hair aiming to provide any comfort he can to this dire situation; attempting to be calm, even though his own heart was in turmoil.

The tears welled in his eyes as he held the brunette close, his voice unstable, "I love you Will!" Mike whispered, his voice strained; full of raw emotions, "I love you more than anything else in the world and right now I need you to wake up! Please!"

His own sniffling accompanied him as Will remained motionless, unable to respond. "I need you to breathe! Please! Please!" he stifled his own words

The ravenette couldn't feel the small boy's shallow breaths anymore, he couldn't feel anything from him, "PLEASE WAKE UP!" He repeated, he didn't know what else to say; he was terrified of everything around him. He didn't know what to do; it was clear to him that Will couldn't breathe by himself. "Please hang on! The doctors are coming! Hang on with me!"

The distant wails of the siren flashed around him, the sound growing louder. The blue and red lights illuminate the room rhythmically; the piercing sound, usually one for annoyance filled him with hope; hope they would save his boyfriend.

His heart raced hearing footsteps outside the room, wishing they were the sound of the medically trained professionals to provide the urgent care Will desperately needed. "Please Teacup, please..." he whispered into the small boy's ear.

The door swung open, the paramedics burst into the room, their faces a mix of confusion and panic. Some rushed to Billy pronouncing him dead at the scene, while others raced to the brunette providing urgent CPR. Mike reluctantly handed Will over; his only glimmer of hope in this stressful situation.

The ravenette sniffled, his entire face puffy and blotchy. "Please save him..."

----

776 Words

I was listening to 'As The World Caves In' as I wrote this chapter :)

Stay Safe <3