20- No Caller ID

WILL POV-

The pair exchanged looks, this whole situation was terrible, and it didn't help that Robin and Steve have also gone completely M.I.A. What the Hell was happening today? The brunette panicked, his breathing deep and his legs feeling wobbly. Erica thought for a second, needing to be the voice of reason as she hit the small boy on the shoulder, "Snap out of it Will!" she said firm ensuring not to hurt him, "Listen, let's deal with one thing at a time! It's totally possible Steve and Robin had gone to find a place with better reception, and they always switch off their phones during a mission!" she said, "And besides they have weapons on them!"

"Yeah!" Will agreed, his breathing shallow.

"But right now, we need to find Mike!" the youthful girl added, her voice as calm as could be in this stressful situation.

"Yeah okay! But how are we gonna get to the apartment?" the brunette asked, feeling as though his world was crumbling again... he could never get too comfortable with life; it always seemed to surprise him the worst ways. "It's four miles AND WE DONT HAVE A CAR!" Will yelled.

"Let me think!" Erica realised her friend was in too much in emotional distress to think logically, his elevated voice not out of anger, but rather confusion and terror. Immediately her eyes turned to the garage; her eyebrows raised as a small smile graced her face. She pointed at the car on the drive, alerting the small boy, "Now I think you've lost your mind!" Will furrowed his brows.

"Ugh!" Erica groaned rolling her eyes, "Come on!" grabbing his arm to the old car. The car was an old Cadillac. "Troy won't be needing it anyway." she joked as the pair jumped over the doors of the car, not bothering to use the doors.

"The Todd-Father?" The brunette scrunched his face.

"A car's a car!" she remarked

Will voiced his concerns as the pair sat in the front seats, "Are you sure this old car can move?" His voice wavering from the suggestion, "It looks like it was made in the 80's!"

"Yeah!" she rolled her eyes, searching the dashboard for the keys, finally opening the shader panel as the keys fell out, "Gotcha!" she shined bright, holding them to the sky. And with that, she inserted them into the ignition, turning them with a smile.

The brunette nestled into the seat, holding onto the seatbelt for dear life as the youthful girl drove around the streets barely managing to avoid traffic and going way over the speed limit; did she even have a licence? This was no driving of a normal person; at one point she cut through a patch of grass as a 'shortcut'. "SHIT SLOW DOWN!" he yelled.

"STOP YELLING AT ME I CAN'T FOCUS!" She retorted, sharply veering right to tighten the grip on the steering wheel; over running the red light in the process.

Will clutched his seatbelt; the anxiety and stress of the car ride didn't help his thoughts of what could possibly have happened to Mike or his friends. He couldn't shake the unease that lingered, wondering what he would find when he reached his destination; if he ever did, considering the driving, "TREE!" he pointed as the car turned, barely missing the tree until they reached the parking lot of the apartment building.

"We've reached..." Erica slowly turned the key to switch off the ignition. She cast a small smile as she slowly unbuckled her seatbelt, instructing the small boy to do the same. Together they filled with determination and grit as they charged the building, police cars mounted outside already.