23- Dear Mike

MIKE POV-

---- 1 month later: 2:12 PM ----

Mike sat in the hospital vowing never to leave the brunette's side; it had been 30 days since the attack and Will was... Well, he was alive. He was barely breathing with wires and pipes plugged into him. He was in a coma; it was unclear to all of them if he would ever wake up. It was glad they got him when they did; his breathing stopped for a few minutes and the paramedic at the scene almost pronounced him dead.

The days turned into weeks, and the thoughts of the day still lingered in his head. He remembered after the paramedics took the brunette, laying him on a stretcher, attempting to stabilise the small boy as Mike stepped back, his eyes never left Will's face.

He followed the paramedics to the hospital. but he was turned away at the doors; they said they needed to do urgent surgery.

If it was just the strangulation, he would have woken up by now, but the blunt force trauma, combined with Billy's punches led to fatal consequences. When the muscular man punched the brunette in the chest, a piece of bone from his ribs broke off like shrapnel piercing his lungs, causing internal bleeding.

One small piece, smaller than a bullet caused irreparable damage. The ravenette was lost, all his tears could fill a swimming pool. He would go home for the past days and just sit in Will's room; at first, he tried to stay at Lucas and Dustin's to keep him company, but he couldn't do it; eventually going back to his own apartment.

His gaze shuffled to Will's face. It had been an agonising month since the incident that had left Will in the coma, Mike's heart ached with longing and worry. He gently held the brunette's hand, finding solace in their physical connection.

Memories of the past flooded his mind, like snapshots of their happiness etched into his heart. He recalled their first date and their one-year anniversary; the ravenette played with the promise ring on his finger. It was as though the whole world was merely a tapestry woven for their love.

He spoke of movies; recounting silly times from their past. The times that danced together under the moon and blasted music from the top of their balcony. The moments of vulnerability, the times they embraced one another and their first kiss...

He thought all about the nights they stayed up together talking till the early hours of the day; their conversations spanning the depth of their dreams, fears and inspirations. They shared hopes and dreams they held close to their heart. In these moments the ravenette found the hope and strength to continue and wish his boyfriend would awake.

As the days passed and the sleepless nights continued, so did his repeated cycle of waiting and still his heart never waved in his love. He knew the journey would be difficult, but he was willing to stand by the brunette's side no matter how long he needed to.

The beeping monitors and sterile smells did nothing but add to Mike's anxiety. Johnathan and Joyce provided comfort to the tall boy the whole way; they knew how he would be feeling. They sat on the opposite side of him, quietly listening as they stayed at the foot of Will's bed.

With unwavering determination, the ravenette sat, a beacon of love and hope in the darkness. He whispered promises; promising to sit forever through every triumph and setback, believing that one day, they would resume their beautiful journey together.