Chapter 16

Narrater's POV :

Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is one of the Newtons favourite holidays. The entire living room is field with decorations used since the first generations of Newton.

Liv hates thanksgiving. She believes It's when you have to escape yourself and start socializing with old relatives who you pretend to remember so they don't think you are to full of yourself.

It's worst knowing that you are no longer the new daughter to a rich family but a whole generation. She felt herself getting angry as she stared through her window seeing almost 30 cars pull up to the house.

She couldn't see much but she could hear the laughter and celebration coming from the families.

She just wanted to stay in her room all day and not waste her remaining weekend on this.

She gripped onto her phone having the hope that her best friend Linda would give her a call. Or even a message that wasn't 3 months ago.

Someone starts to knock on her door making her get up and look at herself in the mirror. She pretends like it's her first time seeing her outfit on.

She wore a purple body-con dress with rose shaped flowers across the dress

She wore a purple body-con dress with rose shaped flowers across the dress. It was the only dress that didn't make her feel... whatever she was feeling that made her feel so empty.

"Come in" she looked at her mom come in. She smiled seeing how beautiful her daughter looked.

"You look stunning" she walked full with smiles as she opened her arms to give Liv a hug.

Liv felt that her eyes were filled with lies to make her feel better and she stepped back. "I... don't want my dress to crumble" she said as her mom kept her smile trying her best to understand her isolation towards her.

"Oh okay. Well the other side of the newtons have came in" she laughed and Liv only focused on the more clear laughter downstairs.

Silence covered the room making both of them uncomfortable. "We- should head... down now?" Julian asked trying to see if she was okay with everything.

Julian had a feeling that Liv didn't exactly have the same excitement with the whole moving situation. She always thought she knew everything about Liv.

She would know her ups and downs, but the last time she knew anything about her life was when she was 14. She thought she was going through her regular teenage phrases but she had her doubts and never had any reassurance to stop those thoughts.

"Yeah" anxiety pushes through her barrier as Liv spoke those words. Julian took it as a ticket to leave as Liv followed her.

They are greeted with two twin girls running down the hall laughing. Their blond hair and face looked like someone but Liv couldn't wrap her head around it.

The girls stop once they realized that play time was now over. "Where do you guys think you are going?" Julian said in a baby voice that triggered Liv's soul.

Running footsteps ran to them as they made eye contact with her.

She walked down like a model making Liv star struck

She walked down like a model making Liv star struck. "You guys need to stop running all the time" she kneeled down smiling as she brought the girls in. They held her hands each as she made eye contact with the two.

"Hi, I'm Macy. You must be our added family member" she smiled certain with her information. Julian smiled "Yes, this is my daughter Liv"

Liv smiled feeling her jaw hurt already. "Is Matthew being a good brother?" She smiled and Liv was confused with her joke until Matthew came walking down the hall with his regular suit but this time it was brown.

He wrapped the two girls side by side on his waist as he kissed the girl on the cheek.

"Sure. You can say that" Liv said with as much kindness she thought she can give. Macy awkwardly chuckled. "Seems like you already met Chicken and Nugget" He said almost making Liv laugh.

"Your joking? I knew you Americans just took names from wiki how but straight off a menu is crazy" Liv tried to hold her laughter but couldn't help but let one chuckle escape.

"Liv!" Julian glared her eyes at her but Matthew and Macy just laughed surprising Julian and Liv.

"Their nicknames. Their names are Gloria and Anastasia" Macy laughed making her face turn red.

"Mommy... peee" The brown hair babbled making Macy sigh "Matthew can you bring, Anastasia to the table?"

Matthew immediately gives the blond for Macy to hold. "It was really nice meeting you two, see you soon" Macy said as she walked past them.

"You guys have beautiful daughters" Julian said walking by Matthew as Liv just followed them to the living room.

All Liv could think about was an escape plan. She could ether plan on pretending she got food poison which would probably cause a hectic and give her more attention then she was planning. Or just say she's not feeling well.

Yeah that plan almost made her smile. She looks at the 20ft table with 23 chairs. She couldn't believe how large this family was.

Everyone was greeting each other like it was their first time seeing each other after a long time.

She gets greeted with many people making her jaw hurt by how much she had to fake smile or even forced to smile by the Newtons grandmother.

Some questioned where her side of family were in this memorable holiday and all she could was nod.

It's always been just three people in her family. And maybe there were relatives but only the old ones that already died.

Now it's just them but her mom moved on to the next chapter on their life and Liv is just trying to catch up.

Everyone sat down on the dinning table but Liv felt something was off. Something or someone was missing.

Torrey.