Chapter 54

Torreys POV:

"COME ON ITS THAT ALL YOU GOT" Issaih shouted as he steps back after my failed swing.

We are at this boxing ring and Isaiah thought it would be best for me to release some stress.

I took a deep breath, feeling the weight of the gloves on my hands as I squared up against Isaiah.

With the determination coursing through my veins to end this "method", I rush forward and push out punches against his defences and nothing connects to his face which makes me upset.

I stop and he immediately strikes my stomach making me step back like a wing pushed me. He rushes and starts to swing at each of my defended arm. We both grab onto each other and he strikes my stomach again making me bend a knee.

I get an opportunity strike his rib and spin my leg as it hits his legs, making him fall.

I get up and walk over to him as he starts to laugh. My heart pounds faster against my chest. "I don't know what was the point of this- you must have some animosity against me for how strong those punches were" my comment makes him laugh even more with his red cheeks.

My brain starts kicking as I sit down. He leans up and cross his arms against his lined knees. I take off my gloves and so does he.

"C'mon.. I know you felt a little better" he says as he smiles at me knowing that he was right. I bit my lip trying to not smile and I throw a glove at him.

"Shut up" I try to remain calm but the corners of my mouth betray me. As we both relax, I hear the door opens and a group of laughter echo the room.

I see Nick walk in with his shorts and is shirtless trying to flex his tattoo. I immediately get up and I see Isaiah get up too. "Torrey don't do anything-" before I could hear anything else, I roam out of the cage and head to him.

Before he could say anything, I swing at him. Even though my arm was already aching, he still felt the impact of my anger.

"You fucking piece of shit" I press my arm against his neck and push him all the way to the wall.

As nick's back collides with the wall, his eyes widen in surprise. "TORREY, listen to me, the fight wouldn't even have happened, if you didn't try to crash the party" he protests, his voice strained under the pressure of my arm against his neck.

"Party? You dosed my 17 year old brother"

His brows widen in more confusion. "I didn't dose him with anything, he didn't already want or do for himself. I let him do what he wanted because he wanted to escape" he breathed out, his voice shaky with frustration.

Escape.

What? "Your lying" my comment makes him dig down his pockets and brings out his phone and shows me a series of messages from Shawn.

Shawn: hey Nick, can you send your plugs phone number
2:30 AM

Shawn: Nick please I don't think I can handle this anymore
2:34 AM

: just come to the party I'm at and I'll help you out.
2:36 AM

I take a step back after reading and  he starts to breathe out gasping. I caused this. I caused him to act this way. I caused him to resort to drugs to escape. Just how I do.

I caused it.

"Why didn't you tell me"

"How can I tell you when you threaten to destroy my families businesses every chance you get"

"Fuck you"

"Yeah fuck me, for trying to give a shit and help your brother with your dysfunctional family" he grunts out and I couldn't help but laugh. That's all I could do was laugh because after everything, I just now realize that my family is in fact dysfunctional.

Somehow I still couldn't stop my laughing. Maybe this punch hit to deep in my skull.

But then I remembered that Shawn was taking drugs. "Wait who's your plug?" I calm my now dull laughter and he clenched his jaw.

"I don't think I should be the reason both of you guys are addic-"

"Nick... I appreciate your help with my brother but I got it covered" I fake smile and his brow rises.

"Do you though?" He asked.

I found myself frozen. For a moment, I didn't know how to respond. Did I truly had everything under control? I could barley control anything in my life.

But one thing I know is that I won't let Shawn turn out like me. I won't let it happen.

"Look... I'm having a party... tonight and I'll ask him to come over" he said already on his phone. I never saw this side of him. Always thought of nick as some rich prick with no cells for a brain but maybe his actually... descent.

"Thank you"

"I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for Shawn" he says and I nodded, still having that feeling of gratitude from him.

"Thanks anyway... for Shawn"

Nick simply nodded in acknowledgment, licking his bleeding lip. He walks away and heads to his friends.

I turn around and see Isaiah looking at me. I meet his gaze and feel the weight of his concerns. But right now, I can't bear to face any more questions or sympathy.

"I need to go... I need to get ready for a party"

"Then I'm going with you. I'm not going to let you handle this all by yourself-"

"Isaiah, i appreciate you. I really do but.. this is a family issue-"

"And your... family to me too so no. I won't let you go out there and deal with this on your own. I'm sorry but your stuck with me" he smiles and I knew whatever I say, wouldn't go to his ears.

He cares too much for me. Which sucks but I guess it's comforting.

"Okay" I breathe out and he lets out a huge grin. "Okay" he replies and we both head out of the gym. Together.