Chapter 18

Narraters POV:

During that night, every single relative had gone home, leaving the Newtons and Liv to live through the silence. Liv's mom and her fiancée had gone upstairs to make end-meeting calls with the relatives, while Liv was out cleaning up everything. She had a choice to just leave it for the maids to clean up, but she never liked having people clean up after her, especially when she could just do it herself.

She couldn't stop thinking of Maddy, even when she tried to. Even with just the little moments they had, she had felt her slipping away. She didn't know if what she felt was jealousy because she never got jealous. She just knew that it hurt to see them together.

"You didn't think to say goodbye?" Liv's heart raced upon hearing the raspy voice once again.

"I thought you left," she said, staring at Maddy. Maddy's soft smile was evident as she twirled her hair underneath her ear.

"I can't lie. I was surprised to see you here," she stepped closer to Liv as they were the only ones in the kitchen. The proximity scared Liv because she knew she wouldn't be able to control herself around Maddy.

"Didn't expect you to be dating-"

"We're not... together," her voice became firmer with intent. A bit of relief came to Liv, yet doubts still lingered.

"Cool."

"So, you guys related?" Liv helped clean up the table.

"No... my mom is engaged to her dad." The words felt soured in her throat as Liv looked at Maddy's sudden shock.

"The Newtons seem-"

"Extra as hell?" Liv felt a smile forming on her lips that she didn't expect.

"I was going to say troubled, but that would work." Liv started to laugh way louder than she ever did, even escaping a snort. She began to feel a bit embarrassed.

"Is that your real laugh? It's so adorable," Maddy laughed as she walked over to Liv, leaning against the counter.

Liv blushed her way out of laughing. She felt Maddy's gaze on her as she placed the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Cute dress," Maddy said as Liv awkwardly tried not to smile anymore. She passed plates to Liv, and their movements started to work in rhythm.

"Are you just going to compliment everything about me?"

"If I have enough words left to express how beautiful you are, then I would be happy to." She smiled as Liv went back up, only to be faced with her.

Her scent messed with Liv's brain, and she couldn't escape her eyes. Liv felt herself giving in and wanting more. "Tell me more, then." She could feel Maddy's breath hit her lips, making her form a smile.

"Why don't I just show you?" Her words sounded like a request, but her tone made it seem more like a response.

Liv's heart raced, almost making her hear her own heartbeat. The battle of questions would all be answered from this very moment. If what she is feeling is all plain desire or maybe something more.

"Show me."

Maddy leaned in without hesitation, inhaling her scent. Their lips almost touched as they inhaled each other.

Liv tried her best to keep her urges in check, but her body couldn't do the same.

Liv suddenly got the guilty conscience of feeling easy. She wanted someone with Maddy's characteristics to make an effort.

"I want to take you out for dinner," Maddy's words were a sound of relief to her as she just smiled. Maddy smiled just by seeing her reaction.

"What makes you think I want to-"

Liv was silenced by Maddy's longing mouth. She paused her mind with her tongue as it fought off hers with a single touch.

Maddy's mouth moved with hers in a rhythm they created together.

Her fingers went through Liv's shirt, touching only her waist and pulling her closer. Liv softly moved her hand up to her neck, caressing her as she softly kissed her, but the more they kissed, the harder it got.

They couldn't resist each other any longer, their soft moans becoming softer, forgetting that they were in public.

Her fingers intertwined with Liv's curly hair, smoothing her fingers through her smooth strands.

Liv couldn't get enough of her lips, caressing and burning her own. Her hands softly squeezed Maddy's thigh with just the right amount of pressure for her to whimper.

It was like they were in their own whole world...

...which broke when someone cleared their throat. "It's getting late."

Liv pushed Maddy away with her body, and they made eye contact with the disturber.

William Newton looked at them with a surprised expression, as if he had seen a ghost. His eyes wandered between the two, but he mostly looked at Maddy.

Liv's lips left a burning sensation as Maddy cleared her throat. "905-223-1282," she whispered to Liv before heading out.

Liv tried to walk past him, but he blocked her. "Be careful," his words sounded like venom to her as she did not know what he was talking about and was honestly too turned on to listen to anything.

She walked past him to head for her room. She left the elevator after it had reached its stop.

Suddenly, she was welcomed with the smell of alcohol. She walked closer to the hall, and the thicker the smell became.

She sees that Torrey door is open and she couldn't help but snoop. Her eyes wander at the 2 finished bottles right right beside the open doors on the balcony.

The cold air blew out to the room blowing away that she could almost feel it.

She found herself walking in until she made it outside to the cold air. "The party over already?" Torrey voice shook her as she sees her leaning against the porch with a full glass.

"Every party needs a crasher" Liv's words spoke like a insult to her as she just laughed.

"I didn't... crash it. It was already broken" She took a sip of her glass making Liv want to take a sip from it.

They both had a long day, just wanting to take a break from things... and life and everything in between.

"What happened?" Liv questioned surprising her as she took a glance at her. Her eyes wandered on Liv's face expression seeing how... serious she looked.

Why does she care? Torrey wondered but honestly was sort of glad. She been wanting to try to have a sort of relation to her that didn't result to arguing.

Yet she also didn't mind that ethier. She took off her glasses showing her red swollen eyes as the drug was starting to wear off.

"About?"

"I won't force it out of my lips because I know it's not my business. I do not know you and honestly I don't believe I care but I do care that it's causing such a havoc to... this family" she spoke with truth which some would say is rude but she couldn't help that is what she was.

She was tired of pretending to be this good girl because she knew that no one would understand her but she didn't have to pretend around her.

Broken saw broken.

"Wow I feel so special" she said trying to not smile but instead got a laugh. A laugh... an actual laugh from Liv.

Torrey doesn't think she had ever seen her laugh. Or even smile like she did just now. She found herself focused by it.