Chapter 57

Liv POV:

I felt my insides become wet by the time I got up. I don't know what came over me but something inside me just snapped and I couldn't control myself around her.

I can never control myself around her. Nick rushes over to me and picks me. He spins and spins me around until I became a bit dizzy.

"We WON" he laughed and I smiled knowing how much this probably meant to him. But I found myself looking at her as she got up and thankfully it was not visible.

She clenched her jaw and walks away and goes to her team. "You were so hot" I feel his hand touch my cheek as he smiled. His smile was infectious, his warmth comforting, yet I couldn't shake the feeling of Torrey's presence lingering around me like an invisible force.

"You were so hot," Nick's words echoed in my mind, but my thoughts were consumed by Torrey's retreating figure.

Stop it, stop. Focus on him. His good for you. Choose him.

"Speak for yourself, your body is heating up" I touch his hand and place it down. Our hands tangle with one another and I feel his grip on my hand.

I felt frozen. I knew if I looked at him, he will claim my lips. I can't do this to him knowing I won't trust myself around Torrey.

I feel my eyes drift and I see Torrey. The group seemed to be talking to her but she obviously seemed bothered.

She meets my gaze. I felt my heart rush as I looked away, only to be met with a kiss from nick. His lips were soft as imagined and his hands slowly move up my waist.

He felt so good but it wasn't enough. It didn't give me the feeling that I had when I'm around her and it kills me that I'm expecting that feeling when I'm kissing someone else.

As I lean back, breaking away from the kiss with Nick, I scan the area in search of Torrey, only to find that she's no longer there.

"Let's party to celebrate" I smile trying to make him think of something else then what I think his thinking. He smiles and wraps an arm around me.

We walk in and everyone doesn't seem to be here. Then I start to hear hollering coming from the back. "What the hell" Nick sighed as we rushed to the back. He opens the door to the backward and we are pressed back by a crowd of people.

"MOVE" we push them away and I see Torrey on top of some guy. His face was covered with blood as she punched his face repeatedly.

"TORREY" my voice is barley loud over the chaos. Nick rushes over and I see her friend Isaiah step in and push him back.

"Stay out of it, Nick. You've done your part" he points at him as Torrey stops punching him and she grips his shirt as he can barley opened his eyes.

"STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM" she shouts as my ears almost broke from her tone. She gets up, her fist covered with blood. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I push her as she looks at me. Her eyes were dark as all I saw was angry.

"WHY... do you keep doing this. Why do you keep destroying EVERYTHING" I couldn't believe my tone but I'm tired of her using her emotion through fists rather just communicating.

She clenched her jaw and her eyes shake like she was going to cry but she didn't.

"... this is the dealer that sold drugs to Shawn" she points at him and could barley look at the mess that was made.

"I... I didn't know" the realization of who the man on the ground was, the one responsible for selling drugs that left him past out all night, sent anger through my vein.

I start to think of the encounter she had with Nick and now I know that she only talked to him because he may have knew this dealer.

"You couldn't just talk to him and tell him to stop"

She laughs at my comment and says "What world are you living in? Not everything could be said into words. People like him don't deserve kindness"

"Why do you make it so hard for me to care about you? Why do you make it so hard for me to accept my...." My words froze and I see her eyes soften and I step back feeling the sides around me almost suffocate me.

I feel a touch on my back.

"What the fuck did you do Torrey?" Nick questioned as he rushed over to the dealer. He helps him up and glares at Torrey the entire time.

"Nick mind your fucking business" she points as Isaiah's walks over to her. The dealer gains composure and he tries to hit Torrey but nick blocks him.

"I'll fucking kill you, you piece of shit" the dealer grunted as he seemed to be searching something in his pocket.

He brings out a gun and points it at Torrey. Nick rushes out of his way and I felt my heart beat out of my chest.

"STOP"

The dealer didn't listen to my words as he steps closer to Torrey. Issaih walks infront of her but she taps his shoulder.

He clenched his jaw and steps away as Torrey left a small smile. "What are you waiting for? Shoot" she whispered as she stepped closer.

What is she doing?

"I have nothing to lose. But you do. Look around you... everyone can see" she whispered as her voice was slightly hesitant. I don't know if I should be scared or be mad that she is willing to lose her life.

His hands begin to shake, then the gun shoots. The bullet hits the side of her stomach and she instantly falls to the ground.

"TORREY" I felt my entire body freeze as I watched her bleed out. I rush over to her, my hands trembling as I tried to stop the blood flow. She presses her hand on mine and she breathes out and in that moment something inside of me just snapped.

I rushed after him and punched him. He falls on the ground and I grab the gun and point it at him.

"LIV" Nick shouts.