Chapter 26

Liv's POV:

It's around 8:30 Pm and Torrey hasn't came back home yet making me a bit worried since it is her birthday.

I spend the last 2 hours just picking which outfits to wear and I get a call. Seeing Maddy's name made my heart rush and I answer it.

I put the phone on speaker whiling trying on outfits. "Hey, what are you doing right now?" She asked like it was urgent.

"Well, the newtons are having a birthday party and I'm just getting ready. How about you?... I missed you" I don't know what we are to eachother and it's making me insane.

I have never felt like this before and I know I promised myself no more relationships until graduation but I can't cheat the future.

"Oh. Well I wanted to hang out with you tonight because there's um a party happening somewhere else" she murmured and I bring the phone up my ear.

"Isn't Torrey like your friend? You should come over"

"I sent my birthday wishes to her already. I already told the host that I was going to make it and I always keep my word" she said and I guess that would be okay. Just weird because they seemed close.

"Well, looks like both our schedules are full. Maybe tomorrow?"

I waited a couple of seconds until she said "Yeah. Tomorrow" before I could say anything else she hanged up.

I throw the phone back on my bed and finally got the right outfit. It wasn't anything worth talking about but it was cozy so I couldn't resist.

 It wasn't anything worth talking about but it was cozy so I couldn't resist

I wore a black buttoned up long sleeve top and light blue jeans. I headed downstairs heading chattering as the entire house was like thanksgiving but a bit shorter then before.

I saw Matthew and Macy and their twin girls who were now more relaxed like they slept on their drive here.

I see my mom and her fiancé walk over to me anxious that I could almost smell it.

"Do you know where Torrey is? Everyone is waiting and the surprise confetti cake shows up in the next 13 minutes" He whispered whiling smiling as people walked by.

Why are they asking me? I'm not her caretaker. "I don't know. I though she would have came home by now"

My mom sighs and looks around like she would randomly just show up. "Did you guys ask Shawn?"

"Yeah. He said the same" He says typing on his phone. His face expression drifts and he sighs. "She's at her friends house... what's his name... Isaiah"  he says showing his phone to her.

Talk about trust issues. "You have her location?"

He looks at me like I insulted him. "No. Her insta stories" he shows me the phone and she seems to be tagged by Isaiah as they are partying.

Wish she could have given me the heads up before I wasted my time changing. Speaking of which... the party that Maddy was talking about... I think that's the party Isaiah and Torrey is in.

"I can... get her" I guess this party was more like a family gathering then a party, I don't even think anyone in here realized that Torrey wasn't even here.

"Really? Thank you. You can use my car" Chris says giving me the keys. I haven't driven a car since my accident back in New York. My mom banned me from ever driving until my birthday.

So seeing how she didn't say anything, surprised me. I walk out and look over at dozens cars and hear the car honk and I walk over to the Coupe.

I head in and feel the fresh scent of rich cologne with a mix of my moms scents.

I drive down the road and press the gps. The ride was nice and cozy that I actually felt happy.

I make it to the sound of hollering and my eyes land on Torrey chugging a large bottle.

You have got to kidding me. I park the car on the sidewalk and head out and walk over to the crowded people.

I watch Torrey laughing with her friends as they head inside and i rush over to find her as the place just became more crowded.

I look over the rooms and I head to the living room and I see people playing ping pong and the sound of camera snaps come to light.

I look over to the sound and see Maddy. She seemed to be enjoying herself and she gives directions for better angle shots and was just doing her magic.

I didn't want to disturb so I waited in the booth while hopefully just drinking apple cider.

I look back and see her place her camera down and looking through it and she turns her head around and makes eye contact with me.

I haven't seen her since that night and every feeling I had for her came back to me like a warning.

She walks over to me with a smile. "What are you doing here?" She asks leaning standing and gazing me.

"Change of plans... I guess" I smirked and she leaned closer to me. "You look... great. You want to come join us... you can share some light into these photos" She said and even though I was very eagered in joining... I knew I would have to much fun and forget that I am here not to have fun.

"It's okay... you GO have fun, thank you"

She nodded her slowly like she didn't believe me as she taps the counter sighing.

"Okay" she awkwardly laughed before walking back.

I look back at the bartender and he pours me another glass. Finish it and clean myself and get up ready to find Torrey.

My eyes wander back seeing Maddy infront of me and she sits down. I start to hear complaining coming from the ping pong table and I couldn't help but smile.

"Wow.. you choose me over something so fun?"

Her lips parted keeping her gaze on mine. "I'll choose you... over everyone" she whispered through the sound but enough that I could hear her.

No one has ever told me that in my 20 years of life. I hadn't felt so important but in her eyes all I saw was myself, and that scared me.

I don't get attached at all but maybe.. just maybe... it wouldn't be such a bad thing. But for now... all I want is to have fun and she gives me that.

I felt my hands move up to her hers and she gets up. She leans closer to me and our lips touch.

It felt like I lost air and all I needed was her. She kisses me softly and leans back on the chair as I fall on her but she held onto me.

"I got you" she whispered between the kiss.