chapter 28 | we need to tell

"Get up!" A voice busted through the motels door. Drawing away the curtains to let the sunshine in the room.

My eyes flinched with all the lighting being exposed all of a sudden. Not realizing it, I found myself sprawled over Jack's body.

"Wha-what happened?" I grunted awake, eyes adjusting to the light as Johnson started roaming around the room trying to get our stuff together.

"Coachella happened!" He exclaimed. "We over slept people!"

I looked back over at the clock I read the small red numbers. 7:30 a.m.

"Shit!" I jumped off the couch and Jack's body, quickly hurrying over to retrieve my stuff along with Johnson.

"What time is it?" Jack moaned, covering his eyes with his hand.

"Time to get up! Coachella starts at 10." Johnson clapped his hands.

I raced over to Aria's bed while nearly tripping to death as I tried to slip on one boot.

"Aria, c'mon you have to wake up." I shook her shoulder.

Aria was a bit more slower than we were. By the time I looked back up to see how Jack was doing he was already up on his feet, strapping on his shoes and making small talk with Johnson.

There's so much to do. We planned on leaving at 7 a.m. sharp! The ride back to Palm Springs is nearly two hours long. By the time we get ready and stuff it'd be another hour. Not to mention the dive up there is another half an hour and we need at least another one start up the stage.

Jack and I stayed up all night before we finally crashed. We were just talking and it was nice. I've never had a more deep conversation than I did with him last night. So in all cases, this trip wasn't that bad after all.

We all regained our stuff. Johnson as the first to walk out.

"Cam is already starting up the cars." He spoke turning back to face us. "We have to race back to Palm Springs."

"Does everyone else know we're not there?" I asked.

"Cam's been getting a few calls." He nodded. "He's just been declining them all."

A sigh of relief flushed through my body in knowing Cam wasn't up for ranting us out. He's a better person than that.

But I wasn't fully relieved yet.

"We'll split up." Jack pointed out. "There are two roads to get back to Palm Springs. You and Cam take one way and I'll take the girls in the other. Whoever gets there first will explain the story that we got drunk and the girls came to try and find us."

"Wait." Johnson shook his head. "Are you sure you wanna keep lying?" He paused. "And to our bandmates? Our friends?"

There was a sudden moment of silence.

"Zoey, I don't mean for you to feel bad or anything but.. Nash is Ashton's cousin too." Johnson spoke up. "Or partially.. I don't know? But I do know he has just as much rights as you did to know about him. If you're honest, I'm sure he'll understand. It'll be another secret you won't have to be keeping from him.."

I know what Johnson meant when he said that. Now that I'm officially in a relationship with Jack is one huge secret I'm hiding from him. The Nash thing too. The least I can do is be more open to him about things. This Nash one could be first and the relationship one.. Well, I'm still trying to get used to it first.

I like Jack, a lot. And I respect his opinion on having us on the down low. I respect that he respects how I want this to be on the down low.