chapter 12 | sammy

Jack's Point of View:

A raspy groan was released from my lips, wanting nothing more than to stay in my bed. My hands felt for the pillow to put over my head. But instead I was confused upon feeling something warm and smooth beneath me. My eyes shot open, falling upon a small figure still sound asleep in the pillow besides me. It was Zoey.

I quickly pushed myself up, Zoey just releasing a soft moan as she quickly got herself comfortable again. My eyes wandered around the room. Shit, we fell asleep in Sam's room! Well this isn't going to end up so nice..

All of a sudden I heard the bedroom door open wide. My head shot up right on time to catch the look on my cousin's face. It all read one expression only. He was looking down at his phone before and when he saw what was on the side, he was about to flip right then and there. I didn't it happen though.

"Jack! What the--

I jolted out of bed, grabbing the nearest pair of grey shorts I found lying around and sprinting up to him before he took one step closer into his room. My hands shoved him out, gently closing the door after we were both out in the hallway.

"Dude, what the fuck man?" Sam exclaimed, shoving me back but not with as much force as I used on him before. "You brought a girl home last night?" He paused. "And in my room!"

I hushed him down, jumping into the shorts before turning on my heals to walk further down the hall and into the kitchen where I knew it was safe to talk in a normal tone and not have Zoey wake up. Trust me, that'll be the last thing I needed right now. Surprisingly Sam followed.

"Bro!" He called out, raising his hands in the hair in judgment.

I just stared at him blankly. My cousin's expression then quickly took a wrong turn as I noticed the look of disgust grow in his face. A look every guy is familiar with.

"Oh no.. Did you guys--

"NO!" I didn't even let him finish, shaking my head and scrunching my face. "Dude, that's Ashton's cousin!" I filled him in.

Sam's face went in complete shock once again, turning his head back in the direction of his room where Zoey still laid sleeping. "What!" He exclaimed again.

"Shh!" I hushed him again, an aggravated look growing in my face.

Sam just ignored my look and got back to what he was saying. "You are dating Ashton Green's cousin!"

"NO!" I raised my voice a little. I can't believe he would jump to conclusions like that. I mean, it might've looked like something was going on, but I would never..

I licked my lips and relaxed a little before responding again. This has seriously gone out of hand. "Listen, we were all out last night and the girl ended up taking a little too much extra drinks. Since I couldn't find anybody or couldn't remember where I parked my car, I decided to walk her home and this was the closest place." I waved around the space to show our home was what I was talking about.

"What happened that you guys couldn't sleep in your room?" He asked clearing his throat as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked straight at me for a response.

He seriously wasn't going to let this room thing go. That's exactly why the plan last night was that I'd have Zoey sleep in my bed and the morning before Sam gets back I'll just sneak up to the couch or something.

"I don't know man, okay." I just shrugged my shoulders.

Sam found no pity in me. His room, his privacy, it means everything to him. "Well I want her out of room." He put his hands back own to his sides. Feet turning around to walk back over to his room. I was sure of it that he would step in there and scream for her to get out. Therefore, I quickly sprinted back over in front of him and stopped him in time.