chapter 29 | coachella

Wow, I've been forgetting to dedicate! So sorry. I'm going to be starting again.

dedicated to: Alyssawhites

We arrived to a grand parking lot in the back of the open ground space in which the festival was going to be held in

We arrived to a grand parking lot in the back of the open ground space in which the festival was going to be held in. From inside the car you could already feel the vibrations of the music thumping against the ground. Big balloons, all of different shapes and sizes filled the air. I spotted an astronaut one, a caterpillar, and a butterfly. From the looks of it there were more, but the big walls covering over the festival made it hard to make them out.

"This is so surreal." I heard Aria's voice squeak as she leaned closer to me to stare out the window. She seemed beyond excited, nervous too. But I don't get it, she's not the one playing.

We made a small turn into one of the gates. A big sign reading Performers Only shined the entrance. Okay, this really was exciting. I never pictured myself walking through one of these doors and now here I am. About to enter the doors of Coachella. Another thing I never pictured myself ever saying.

The atmosphere in the car got excited. It was just Aria, Sarah, and I; but there was a chauffeur driving us. Still, we made it feel exciting. We all have someone that we care about up in that band that's about to perform in front of thousands, celebrities even. It's truly an amazing feeling to know about.

We arrived out back behind one of the many staging ground. 21 was performing in one of the smaller ones at day but if they do good and they pick them out of the six members already playing, they'll get to play in the main stage at night. This was now getting really exciting. There were large vans parked out behind the large looking stage. If this was the smallest one, I just imagine the big main one..

The chauffeur came to a stop behind the Porsche Jack was driving. Immediately, we all got down our cars.

The space out here was much louder than I imagined. There was music playing, really loud one too. It was hard to make out what it was exactly my cousin was yelling at towards us as he stood by the truck unloading our equipment.

Not understanding what he was shouting and eventually giving up, I met up with the rest of the girls. We were all lost.

Jack got out of the Porsche, turning back around to look at us. His eyes fell on me and me only, before he flicked his vision to come his way.

I grabbed Aria and Sarah by the hands and dragged them up with me. When we reached Jack he was leaning against the side of the black vehicle. Hands crossed over his chest.

"What is he saying?" I raised my voice enough so he could hear me, referring my question back to Ashton who was giving orders to the guys unloading their instruments.

"He wanted to know where's Matt." Jack answered.

"How am I suppose to know?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.