chapter 11 | oh no

We had been careful not to be seen by that guy from the club's friends. Jack said he was going to pick up his car in the morning instead, avoiding an inevitable confrontation with the angry men.

It was a quiet walk.. The only sounds heard were those of the wind blowing around us and a few cars passing by the street besides us. That was it. No words were spoken between us. I didn't have anything to say. I mean I did, but I didn't know when was a good time or how I could put it in words.

We didn't have to walk far before he pulled out a set of keys from his back pocket. My chest quickly rose up and down, the fear setting in that I was going to be completely alone with Jack. In his house. I glanced around to see the houses that lined the opposite side of the road. A second later and I would have missed the curtain that was hastily pulled closed. A nosy neighbor checking to see who it was this time. It made me think about how many girls Jack had brought back to his place.

The front door was quickly unlocked and pushed open. Jack stepped inside turning on the hall light. I was frozen to the spot, still standing on the top step. He frowned as he turned to me, already slipping his jacket from his shoulders and kicking off his vans.

"You can come in you know?" He smirked.

I inhaled deeply before stepping into the house. Jack moved behind me as he helped take my jacket off. Taking the chance to close the front door once more and lock it up. He hung up the clothing; I turned towards him as he moved forward, a dimpled smile gracing his face. I stepped back increasing the distance between us.

"I.." My mouth found it difficult to form the words.

Jack waited for me to speak again, tilting his head slightly to the side as he stared at me.

"Thank you.. Jack." I spoke quietly.

He knew exactly what I was talking about. My head fell down, my shoes becoming very interesting at the moment. My breath hitched in my throat as I felt him move closer. He leaned down, hair tickling my cheek as he brought his full lips to my ear.

"I'd do it again." His raspy tone whispered.

It surprised me when he pulled away from my hold, brushing past me down the hall. The sound of running water filled the silence and I was left to find him on my own. Jack's house was tidy, somewhat like Ash's. Oh God. I just remembered! They're probably going crazy right now, searching for both Jack and I. What will they think happened?

Shaking the thoughts away from mind right now, I poked my head in what I assumed to be his living room doorway. It looked normal, couches, coffee table, TV. I didn't really know what I was expecting, something scary I guess, like his personality sometimes, but it wasn't.

"Jack?"

"Mmm." His deep voice hummed.

I entered the kitchen, my eyes falling on Jack's back as he ran his hand under the running water. It was then I noticed the water in his hands were a red color. His blood. That's what's he was washing off. Though it's difficult to tell if his blood or the other guy's.

His head twisted watching me as I stood in the doorway. I nervously fiddled with my fingers as he turned back. The taut muscles in his arms became prominent as he twisted the tap, shutting the water off. He grabbed a cloth from the side and placed it over the injured hand, drying off the moisture.

Jack leant against the counter, his brown eyes falling on me as he held a smirk. His head flicked to the side, signaling me to come forward.

"You can come closer," He chuckled. "I don't bite."

I slowly walked over to his side of the kitchen, crossing my arms over my chest. I stopped a few meters away from him.

"Do you live with anyone else?"