chapter 33 | two dates in a day

dedicated to every reader reading this!

I am so sorry it's taken me an eternity to update my stories.. But I'm working on it now and hopefully this extra long chapter helps with a forgiveness! Love you all and happy reading!

I hopped out of the cab after paying my fair of the drive. I was left at a nice sunny spot in the middle of town. I recalled this street from the day Jack took me out to get to know the town, you know, back when we didn't like each other. There were plenty of people here walking, talking, shopping, and eating. It was a humble little part of town. I liked it better than the crowded and busy streets of California.

I took a step on top of the concrete sidewalk, turning to my left so that I can continue my way up to the restaurant Ash told me to meet him at. I was already familiar with it before because it's very well known as the second fanciest restaurant in town. The first one being the one my parents took me too and I wasn't looking forward to going back there any moment soon.

The weather was cold. It wasn't as cold for snow to start falling but it was cold enough to wear my favorite light brown leather jacket and dark skinny jeans. Let's not also forget my favorite maroon scarf. Thank God Jack brought that back for me.

I continued making my way around town, hands dug into my front pockets as I nuzzled my head closer to my scarf. Oh how much it smelled like him.

A cool breeze blew, hitting my pink cheeks into a colder temperature. My hair blew behind my shoulders. Thankfully, my beanie prevented the hair from flying all over my face. Not a moment to spare after, I felt my bag start to vibrate. I didn't stop walking but still dug around to find my phone and pull it out. It was a call from Ash.

Not bothering to wait much longer, I answered it.

"Hey Zo Bear." His voice laughed on the other line.

"What's up with the new nickname?" I chuckled.

"Everyone started using Zo." He paused. "I'd like to try something no one else would even dare to call you."

"Please don't." I chuckled. "Don't call me Zo Bear..?"

"Fine.." He stated. "If you wanna be such a buzz kill."

"Uh.. May I ask exactly why you called?" I asked, referring back to the main point.

"I just wanted to see where you are?" He paused. "Did you get lost or something?"

"Nope." I replied. "Just traffic." I lied. The real reason I was so late was because I was running late and then on top of that Jack stopped by.

"Oh. Are you close though?" He asked.

"I'm walking up to the restaurant right now." I replied looking up to the big sign in gold cursive letters behind a brown background: Gardens.

There was a man out in the front door behind a tall table. He seemed to be around his mid-forties, a funny looking bald spot overtaking most of his head. I smiled as I gave him my information.

"Are you already in?" He asked.

"Yeah." I followed behind the host and into the restaurant.

There were some tables outside, all set into groups of four and a tall, yellow umbrella hovering over the tables providing shade. The inside portion was filled with glass. Glass walls, glass utensils, glass chandeliers. Everything was very elegant but not too elegant that made you think you were meeting with the Queen or something. It was modernly elegant.