chapter 16 | johnson

Few Days Later.

"Oh shut up, Matt!" Andrea rolled her eyes, dropping her half-eaten french fry into the ketchup dip.

We were eating lunch now. It was a long day at work and Matthew came to surprise us with a few burgers from the Dairy Queen down the street. I wasn't going to lie, it was a nice treat to look up to after my long week..

"Come on, you seriously don't believe that I can do my own laundry?" Matt stated afterwards, finishing up with the piece of burger he was chewing on before moving his hand to grab a sip from his drink.

"Exactly." Andrea didn't even bother to look up at him as she also finished off the rest of her ketchup dipped fry.

"You know what, lets make a bet." He clapped his hands together. "Right after work I'll take you to the coin laundry and we'll see who can do their laundry then." He proposed.

"Deal." Andrea shrugged. "But if I win," She paused to flip her hair playfully. "You own me a raise."

Matthew's eyes widened, jaw falling agape as he looked at me also. "Ooh okay.." He still sounded surprised. "But if I win," He paused to mimic what Andrea did with the hair flip which made us both laugh. "You're on bathroom duty for a week."

Andrea and I went in complete disgust after that. Everyone hates bathroom duty and rumor has it that Andrea hasn't done it in months!

"Deal." She finally spoke, reaching her hand out which Matt gracefully shook. The moment after that was just them laughing before it went silent again. A figure walking up to cross the table we were all sitting at.

"Oh, Ethan!" Matt smiled. "Why don't you come join us? I have your burger right here?"

Ethan, the guy that I still haven't spoke to because he's just a complete utterable guy, didn't stop as he was walking towards the back of the shop with some boxes in his hands. "No, thanks." His voice was deep and husky, not really the place to be if he's working with a boss as cool as Matthew.

We all just sat there in complete silence with each other. Andrea wanted to laugh but instead she just took another bite out of her burger. To be honest, I feel bad for Ethan. No one hear tries to make an effort to talk to him, find out why he's so grumpy and excluded from everybody all the time. Hopefully if I have enough time one of these days I'll get to meet him. It's just with the whole Jack and Ashton thing in the hospital, I've had my hands full enough.

"Sorry I'm late!" A blond guy rushed in through the front door. I've never seen him before. He was tall, nearly as tall as six feet and that's how tall Jack is. He wore a green polo shirt, the same we use for our uniform at the shop, and black jeans with Sperrys.

He had mesmerizing blue eyes and a few freckles around his cheeks.

"Well it's about time we see you again!" Matthew joked, standing up from his chair to walk up to the guy removing his grey jacket.

"Sorry man, I got sick with that stupid flu." They both did the same basic guy handshake before Matt turned around with the blond guy below his arm. He smiled warmly at us.

"Uh, Zoey, this is your other co-worker, Johnson." He patted his chest.

"Johnson.." I pondered over the name. Where did I hear that before? "Hold on.. Don't you work at a bar beneath that one restaurant?" I asked recalling the gig night where my cousin's band lost. I remember Sarah running around the place trying to find some guy named Johnson to take cover for them.

Johnson smiled. "Yeah, I do some nights there." He chuckled, stepping forward with his hand out for me to shake. I stood up from my chair and gracefully shook it with a smile.