chapter 38. | when in paris

Days Later..

I jolted awake from my mattress as I felt my bedroom door slam wide open. A loud bang followed as it hit the wall behind it.

"Wake up, Sunshine!"

I was asleep, my room was dark. Apart from the fact that my mind and body were still recovering from the sudden wake, it was hard to tell who just blasted through my room.

"Today's the day!"

My eyes immediately shut back closed do to the effect of the bright, burning light shining through the newly opened windows the person pulled open. I took a moment for my eyes to readjust to the new lighting. Just when I found the burning calm enough, I pulled my palm away from my face. My eyes opened up to reveal an excited Ashton Green standing by my window. For the first time ever.. He was admiring the view of the neighbors lawn.

"Ugh!" I reached out to my phone, staring at the time.

"It's 9:50 in the morning." I fell back into my sheets, finding the softness of my pillows extremely pleasing. "We don't have to be there in another five hours or so!"

I was tired. Maybe I wouldn't be so tired if it wasn't for all these late midnight sessions we've been having in order to get the final song for the guys performance ready. It drains the life out of me, out of all of us. But just like the miracles that been following us since this journey started, we finally had the final product. And it was great.

"Early bird catches the worm." Ashton answered, looking back at me with a smirk proudly displayed in his features.

"Now lets go!"

I felt a rapid breeze of cool air brush up my warm body. The sheets have been aggressively pulled apart from me, exposing my baggy T-shirt and shorts to my cousin. I gasped with the immediate breeze and the fact that my cousin just saw really close, if not, my underwear from the sides of the bottom leg holes.

"Ashton!" I exclaimed, leaning forward to pull back what he's taken from me. Anger and annoyance clear in my tone.

"I want you up and out of your room in 30 minutes tops." He ordered, pointing back at me. "Everyone is going to meet up at the airport and I am not planning on being the last ones there."

My eyebrows furrowed with Ashton's news. At the airport? Since when are the guys up and about on switching their regular scheduled meeting locations?

"How come everyone isn't meeting at the house? Isn't that what you normally do?" I disputed.

My eyes followed Ashton as he made his way back out towards the door of my bedroom. His hair still in its messy soft curls, bounced as he turned around to look at my again.

"Yes but you see, Zo.. This is a trip to Paris. Paris. People want their sleep before a nine hour trip." He rhetorically answered.

I decided not to answer for his answer was right in his question. It's a nine hour trip... If sleep is what they wanted, they could have nine hours to sleep in the plane.

"Just.. Get ready, okay?" He arched a brow. "And wear something warm.. They say its already snowing in Paris."

I nodded. Reaching back out for the door handle, Ashton stepped out and closed the door behind him.