chapter 14 | frenimies

The tour went overall well. Yes we were a tad late but we weren't the only ones.. We explained that it was traffic, which really wasn't, but what do they care? They bought it and that's all that matters. They gave us a campus tour, explained some ground rules and before I knew it they were already letting us go to sign up for some clubs.

I left Shawn behind as he was very interested in signing up for some guitar club and song wringing too. Its nice that he knows what he wants to do but I really am lost here. Yes I'm interested in journalism but I want to try something else in the mean time. Something new. There was everything from sororities/ fraternities to environmental clubs, music clubs, math clubs.. Just about anything you can think of it was here.

"Hi there!" A voice squeaky enough to burst my ears sounded as a lady with short brown hair smiled behind one of the setups in the courtyard.

"Are you interested in joining the art club?" She sounded so happy.

I looked at her with a look of not interested written in my face. I can't draw, never even tried to. I'll be doing both of us a favor in not signing up.

"I don't do art." I smiled, slowly walking away to show I had no interest in doing so.

"Please!" She urged, walking in front of her table, clipboard still in her hands. "I've been standing here all day now. I've only gotten 3 subscriptions out of at least 10 we need. Please, I'm begging you. Help a human, please!" She kept begging.

"Cut the act already!" Another voice coming from behind me snapped as she approached the table. "A sob story isn't going to resolve all our problems."

The girl was tall, a little taller than me actually, with dark brown hair. Her skin was a bit darker than mine, as if she's had plenty of sun for that perfect tan. It shows she wasn't from around here.

"You a freshman?" She asked crossing her arms in front of me. The girl besides her looked at her a bit scared. It seems like she's a hard head. (Something my cousin would call people who have their walls build up high and their personalities aren't so genuine to everyone.)

I nodded my head.

"You're not from around here? Are you?" She stated more than asked.

I reached up to her level, making myself seem just as important as the next guy.

"I moved here from Washington to attend NU." I smartly stated. "And you?"

"I'm from Cali." She smiled with a bit of an attitude. "So are you gonna sign up or what?" She quickly got down to the point.

"I don't see why I should?" I spoke back with the same attitude. I'm used to people like this. My so-called-friends back home weren't any better. "I'm sure your little sob story can work on someone else."

She looked at me with pinned eyes. The girl next to her kept looking back at us one at a time. A smile appeared in the girls face afterwards, driving my attention to the subject.

"Felicity Clark." She handed her hand out towards me.

I looked at it then back at her. Confused, I shook it and displayed a smile on my face for show. "Zoey Wineguard."

"I'm Aria." The girl besides her smiled, also giving me her hand. "Aria Heart."

I smiled as I also shook it. Bringing it back down to look back at them and wait. They obviously weren't done here and I wanted an explanation with everything that just happened.

"Listen, we really need some sign ups. If we don't have a full qualified club then we're out and it's back to community service."

"What did you guys do that was so bad?" I asked.