chapter 47. | oh baby!

My heart beat out of my chest. I glanced down at the newly calmed baby before glancing back at my cousin.

Ashton is a father...

My mind was spinning with wild thoughts. When did this happen? How could this happen? Why is the baby being brought into our lives like that? Why now?

None of my questions compared to what my cousin was probably thinking. He remained silent, fear and panic clearly shown in his motionless expression.

Not one person said a word.

"Ash.." I built up the courage to speak out loud.

He said nothing, only raised a finger. His head remained looking down, almost as if he was too afraid to look up at the child.

"I—Um.. I gotta." Not saying anything else or giving us any sense of direction, we all watched Ashton storm over to the countertop.

Everyone got confused as to what he was doing, but the picture all became clear as soon as we noticed he took his keys and walked out of the house.

"Ash!" We all shouted.

"What the Hell? Where is going?" I exclaimed, worry in my tone.

He just found out he's a father, and this is how he reacts? I get it, it's not easy news, but he can't just walk out? Much less drive! Oh god! Ashton was never good with handling big news, he's going to get hurt!

"We'll catch up to him." Cam looked over at Jack, flickering their vision over to the door.

"Stay here." Jack instructed, walking behind Cameron. Both men walked out.

"Is being serious?" I exclaimed, hands still holding onto the baby. "Why is leaving like that?"

"Relax, Zo.. The guys will get him." Riley walked up besides me.

The door swung open again, Cam and Jack walking back in.

"He got away." Cam exclaimed, walking over to the countertop to grab his car keys.

I immediately began to panic. This was just what I was afraid of. He's fleeing!

"Zoey, stay here.." Jack pointed back at me.

"We'll help." Johnson looked back at Shawn who then nodded his head.

"I want to help too!" I exclaimed.

"You seem pretty busy already." Cam glanced down at my arms. The baby slowly nodding off into a quiet trance.

I began to freak out. "I can't take care of a baby!" I exclaimed.

"It'll only be a few minutes!" Jack called back, holding the door open for all the guys to race through.

"Alright, I'm gonna head on—"

The door shut closed leaving only us girls in the room. Matt, who was still inside the bathroom walked into the room. His eyes immediately dropping on the baby. "Um... How long exactly was I gone for?"