chapter 21 | before its too late

(Another long chapter.. Sorry! There will also be a lot of switching povs.)

One Week Later.

All I ever thought about for the past few days was that conversation I eavesdropped on with Zoey's parents. It seemed crazy just thinking about it. It had no way of escaping my mind..

A brother? Actually a half brother! Whose could it be? There's obviously a story behind all this. But why it was so important to hide it from Zoey all these years was what really had me going thinking.

Ever since I walked out of that closet, I made up a lie that there was an emergency back home and I had to leave. I couldn't bare to see Zoey after what I heard, I wouldn't lie to her and telling her I was okay would count in doing so. I didn't even want to look at her parents after that, especially her father. Something tells me the kid is his. Anyways, after that I made sure to go to the one place I knew that was as far away from everything possible. This was a lot to take in, especially being me the one who really likes this girl. Lying to her would just break that bond I finally started seeing in her.

No one ever found me here. It's where I always use to come when I couldn't deal with stuff at home. Or I wanted to skip school. But most importantly, when I wanted to think. It was a place high above the mountains, also, it was a no trespassing zone. But I was a kid when we found this.. Johnson and I.. And we didn't let a sign get in between our adventuring games. I don't now about him but I've never stopped coming here.

Today was pretty chilly. I did good with putting on my favorite maroon hoodie and black jeans with vans. My grey snap back finishing the look. The sky was filled with different shades of orange colors, some pink mixed into in also. It was peaceful up here. No sounds were heard, just those of the soothing wind. My eyes closed, slowing inhaling the pine cone before releasing it back out. I was sitting on top of the front hood of my car, legs hanging loosely as I laced my fingers together in between them. I really didn't know what to do.. And it was killing me inside.

Everything got quiet again. As I opened my eyes again, I became aware that silence wasn't the only thing going on anymore. My head flickered from side to side as the sound of breaking pieces of twigs snapped along the bushes behind me. I remained staring out in them as my eyebrows furrowing.

It got closer.

All of a sudden a tall figure with blond hair stepped out of the shadows. I had to admit, though I was trying to avoid everyone, I wasn't happy it was him who decided to come looking after me. We could be in the same band now but that still doesn't mean we have to be friends again. He's just here for a replacement. What he did to me before is still unforgivable.

"What do you want, Johnson?" I gave him a look of annoyance as I turned back around to the sight in front me.

"Well hello to you too, Gilinsky." He laughed. I didn't find it amusing.

His figure came up besides my car the next moment. His hands were in the front pockets of his jeans, sighing as he too looked out in front of him. Well, that answered my question if he still came up here.

"How did you find me anyways?" I asked arching an eyebrow up at him.

I looked back at him just in time to catch him laugh. "You weren't the only one who found this place. It was my clumsy ass that tripped and rolled down into the wire."

God I remember that day. It even made me laugh a little along with him just thinking about it. He was a skinny little 8 year old and his fall was pretty funny. We had some good times, I wasn't going to lie.

"Do you mind if I.." I looked up at Johnson to see him point towards the hood of my car. I guess it wouldn't hurt so I let out a heavy sigh and patted the empty spot besides me. He didn't take a seat like I thought, instead he just stood leaning besides it.