chapter 18 | start of something new

(Just a little heads up, this is going to be a really long chapter.)

Next Day.

We unloaded everything outside of the Espinosa mansion. It was huge. That was probably the only thing that reminded me that Matt was a multi millionaire and this was his home. Wow, just imagine growing up in this place.

"Little help here?" Shawn called out to me as he struggled to get out the front piece of Cam's drum set. Immediately, I snapped out of my little girl imagination to help out in the back of the rental van.

I was stopped before I could help Shawn with the set, Cameorn stepping in front of me claiming that he's got it.

The party still didn't start, Mr. Espinosa wanted us to come in a few hours earlier so it would give us the chance to set up. Matt said that we were welcomed to change into our more formal outfits in the house so they don't get damaged or dirty during the set up. Even though it is a barbecue and those kinds of things are usually casual, I remembered that casual for these people ment fancy dresses and killer high heals to wear to a backyard full of professionals of all types of fields. We needed to make a good impression anyways and so that's why Sarah is up there right now setting everyone's outfits.

"ZOEY!" I heard my name being called out.

I was drifted once again from my thoughts as I followed the voice to other side of the fence and into the huge backyard of the Espinosa family.

There was a huge pool off to the far end of the entrance, a tiki bar set around it with tables and chairs surrounding the rest of the place. There were caterers walking around the place, rushing to place some really expensive looking decorations and ice sculptures around the place. This was above and beyond something I would picture the Matt I know doing in his spare time in the weekends.

"OVER HERE!" I heard the same voice call towards the stage the had set just in the center of the pool.

It was amazing. Apparently they have a stand there or something that holds the stage 21 will be performing in.

I stopped in front of the stage to look up at Ashton who was the one that was calling me this whole time. Most of the equipment was set up, all they were waiting for was for Cam and Shawn to put down the last piece of the stage equipment they needed.

He jumped off, standing besides me to cross his arms over his chest. "Ahh." A smile bigger than ever was plastered on his fave as he watched it from my place in admiration. We both did. I was really happy for him and couldn't wait to hear out how the song we spent all night writing and learning on turns out. Its amazing what a couple of cans of Red Bull can do to a person.

"This is amazing." He gnawed up at it like a little kid was looking at a Christmas tree for the first time.

"I know." I chuckled. "Who knew Ashton Green was ever going to play in front of Michael Espinosa in just a few hours?" I tilted my head to look up at him.

He was still looking at the stage as the guys finished up adding a few more things. "I gotta hand it to you, Zo." His lips pulled into a smirk while nodding his head. "This is all because of you."

I was quick to deny his statement. "Oh.. No." I waved my hand in dismissal. "This was all you guys."

It was then I felt two strong arms latch around me, embracing me tightly in his body.

"Ew! Ash! You're all sweaty!" I chuckled which only made him embrace me tighter. It was nasty at first but in the end he's my cousin and he's happy. I wouldn't mind it.

"I'm so happy you came here." He spoke sincerely. I felt the vibrations of his laugh shortly after as I was pressed to his chest. This made me smile, it was a sweet moment for us. I actually think this is the first real hug he's ever given me, not out of excitement but joy of having someone around, since when I first came here. I couldn't ask for a better moment.