chapter 42. | sanctuary

"So this is the famous dorm of Zoey Wineguard.." Jack stood in the center of the room, admiring everything it had to offer.

Smiling, I leaned away from the bathroom door frame. My small body walked over in his direction with a small smile curved upon my lips. He didn't notice my approach which made my arms wrapping around his waist from behind a surprise. It was one he didn't mind though.

I was barefoot, so his height was even more intimidating than ever. The short denim overall I wore provided much of a stiff touch against the soft cotton touch of his t shirt.

He smiled, chuckling as he took hold of my hands under his over his chest. I felt his lips press a long, lingering kiss to the surface of my knuckles before pulling away again. His body turned but didn't fall far from mine. He caught me, hands holding onto my waist as he leaned closer. Jack's famous smirk plastered over his face.

"You know, there's a perfectly good space on my bed.." He chuckled, nose brushing against my cheek. "Offer still stands." I felt his lips curve against my skin with his last comment. Eyes fluttered closed with the gentle touch.

Raising my hands around his neck, I pulled myself closer to him.

"And it'll keep standing." I chuckled into his ear before pulling back. "You know us living together is only going to make matters worse." My tone more serious than before.

"Oh like things could get any worse?" Jack arched a brow. I couldn't tell whether he was joking or not.

Pulling away from him, I walked over to my newly set desk and grabbed my laptop.

Days have gone by and I've yet to hear anything from Ashton.

Jack told me that the day of the run-in at Cubano's with Ashton, he eventually gave up in trying to talk with him and had to call Matt to take him home. Things were getting really bad with Ashton and I didn't see them changing anytime soon. Jack knows it can be worse. Sure he's not talking to us, and avoiding any sort of contact with us, but that's not the worse case scenario.

"He can kick you off the band." I sighed, collecting the charger that went along with the laptop and walking over to my bed.

"The other guys won't allow that." Jack defended.

"Who? Johnson?" I asked looking back. "Cam and Shawn are on Ash's side. You'll be off and you know it."

It was stressing me out-- having no one to talk to other than ourselves. No one wanted to talk to Jack either... Especially him. Having Jack kicked off the band is the LAST thing in the World I want to happen, so I'm taking matters into my own hands and avoiding that situation as much possible. I very serious when it comes down to what the guys built these past five months. What I helped build too. I'd hate to see it all go down. That it was all for nothing because the guys can't grow up.

I finally moved in with Riley at her dorm. THAT'S A GOOD THING!

It was a nice, rather ample room. It was nothing like the other dorms I've seen through campus. She told me she comes from a family of lawyers, big ones. I related to her in that way, coming from powerful families that we didn't want to be a part of. Connecting with Riley on this level, with someone who understood where I come from was really helpful in the Ashton process believe it or not. She made me remember less of my shitty life right now and made me look on the bright side of things.