Bonus Chapter

Sienna

 Ryan's first championship was finally a dream come true. Victory Lane was buzzing with loud voices, and many congratulations from friends and people who were attached in some way to a sponsor. Every step I took to get to where the team and Ryan were, I was tapped on the shoulder, or just engulfed in an awkward one-sided hug, as Wrenley and Wyatt were attached to each side of my hips, and congratulated. They were wide-eyed and clinging tightly to me, wondering who all the people were around them. Eleanor was standing beside me on my right with a wicked smile.

Ryan and El had completely bonded with racing, and she knew this was the biggest thing to happen to her father. It had been a long three years since the twins were born, but she had become the best big sister and little sibling helper I could ever have. She was still a regular ten-year-old. She was focused on her schoolwork and racing schedule and still had the energy to make complete messes with her siblings.

"Sienna!" I caught the voice of my sister-in-law before I saw her. Her body was much shorter than the ones around her, but she squeezed her way through to reach us. I knew it must have torn her up to watch her boyfriend and brother compete for a championship, but she had seen William for a little bit before coming over to the family and celebrating with us.

"He did it!, he finally got the Championship." I blubbered. "I'm so proud of him, and William. They both fought hard for this. I'm glad it came down between the two of them." My voice came out fast, and I was surprised that she even heard a word I said.

Christopher Bell, or better known as Chrashtopher whenever Ryan was speaking on him to me, had taken the liberty of racing too hard with Kyle Larson in the second stage and took them both out, leaving the battle for the trophy between the soon-to-be brothers-in-law. Once it hit less than twenty laps to go, Ryan had sailed by the Axalta car and kept it in the lead ever since. 

"Couldn't have made my nerves any better by it ending up that way, and I'm sure I'll be sporting some grey hairs soon, although I would take either of them over the other two."

On that, I had to agree.

Moving through the crowd, Eleanor held onto her aunt's hand until she saw Ryan. Once her eyes caught sight of him, she sprinted to him. He was looking all around him, his eyes red with the tear tracks I could see glistening on his face. When Eleanor crashed into him, he snapped back.

In less time than it took me to pick up one of the twins, he pulled our oldest daughter into a bear hug, holding her close.  As soon as his eyes met mine, he was choking up again. Setting El down, he picked Wyatt off my hip, giving both toddlers some attention before pulling me into him. 

Now it was my turn to cry, stupid hormones. 

With a quick but full of emotion, kiss he pulled away. "I'm so incredibly proud of you, Champ." My voice wavered slightly, knowing that my feelings were all over the place. Our time was cut just a bit short as Emma, Cale, Dave, and Lisa found us in the crowd, and then he was pulled into his team to celebrate with champagne and confetti. He looked the happiest that I had seen him in so long. His face was exactly what I was hoping for when he won at Martinsville last week. This was the moment he had been waiting for.

Sure, nothing could beat Ryan seeing our babies for the first time or our wedding day, but this look was completely different. He has wanted this more than I think he even let on. It has always eluded him to be in the championship four, and the first time he gets it, he wins. It's surreal.

I could only hope that my little secret would make his night even better,

Ryan

I couldn't help but go through my social media account to relive the whole night. My heart hasn't stopped pounding in my ears since I made the pass for the lead a couple of hours ago. My wife hasn't left my side since the champagne shower ended. Her smile seemed to be everlasting as any time I would look at her, she would have it on her face with a soft gaze in her eyes towards me.

Eleanor, Wrenley, and Wyatt had made the trip back home with my parents as I finished up with interviews and pictures. They had been amazing with giving Sienna and me the time to celebrate this moment. 

Our friends had stayed behind to hold a small celebration at the track for the time being, knowing that my next couple weeks would be a bit hectic with interviews and press.

Walking through the mostly deserted motor home lot, I could hear the music before seeing the group of people we called friends. Bubba was handing out drinks to some around him, Sienna caught sight of him and stopped us from walking any further.

"Before we go further, I need to tell you something." She bit her lip, causing my heartbeat to pick up even more. She was still beautiful to me, glowing even more these past few weeks. 

"I know we haven't talked about it, With you being so focused on the playoffs and, especially with Wrenley and Wyatt still being toddlers themselves, but I can't keep this secret any longer from you." She stammered out, and a smile played across her lips. 

"We're having another baby." 

Before she could even finish her sentence, I was picking her up and smashing my lips onto hers. Another baby, another piece of us in this world. I had thought I was my happiest earlier, but this was it. Nothing could top the way my body felt like it was on top of the clouds. 

A championship and a new baby. All in one day, too. It seemed like my life was falling into place every minute of this day. I was sure that the high would wear off, but I knew it wouldn't be any time soon. 

Pulling away slowly, I held her as she wrapped her legs around my waist. Her blue eyes met mine, and I was talking before I could think.

"Thank you. You came into my life right when I needed you, and I am so glad the world worked out the way it did that weekend. You and our four babies are exactly what I never knew I needed.  You took my heart and waltzed away with it before I even knew you. No matter what happens in life, I am always going to be proud to have you by my side. No championship or win could ever amount to the real trophy I have in my arms right now."

Her eyes welled with tears and spilled over, I tried my best to swipe them away with the pad of my thumb. The sound of our friends drew close as they had noticed us standing in the dime lights, but it didn't matter. At this moment, I could forget the world around us. She didn't understand just how she had changed my life since coming into it. Nothing would ever be the same, and I was happy to have it that way. 

Bonus chapter in honor of this crazy, hectic, and nerve-inducing weekend. I'm so hoping to see Ryan have the one thing he deserves. Let's get that championship and prove that we are for damn real!!! LFG YRB!!!

Update after Phoenix, I never thought in a million years that I'd be in absolute shock seeing and hearing that Ryan Blaney is the 2023 Nascar Cup Series Champion. HE DID IT!!!

-Stay Beautiful

Courtney