Destiny Doesn't Fool Anyone But Me

Liu Shi Yun is demurely listening to everything the medic student, Tang Lu, has to say. He gives her dark chocolate bar for her low blood sugar. Qian Chuan comes in with a leg injury and notices Liu Shi Yun is staring intently at the guy. He mutters "A tomboy could pretend to be sick just to pursue a guy." While she's preoccupied, Qian Chuan opens the bar of chocolate and starts eating it. She finally notices that he's eaten her chocolate and she proceeds to beat him. Bwahaha. More beatings.

After their negotiations, Qian family and Lu Xun are now celebrating Qian Dad's retirement at her parents’ house. Dad thanks Lu Xun for his help, and Qian Wei mutters that it was her idea. Mom asks about the soup and Qian Wei grabs the soup from the stovetop but it's quite hot. Lu Xun quickly grabs it from her and acts like everything's normal. Aiya! Both of them grabbed this hot pot barehanded! Qian Wei notices Lu Xun rubbing the burn on his hand under the table. Lu Xun then receives a call from his father asking about his girlfriend (the clerk told him), and he denies having a girlfriend. His father says that he needs to work harder as his mother is eager for grandchildren. Lu Xun pretends to have poor phone reception and hangs up on his father. Qian Dad asks if he's trying to pursue Qian Wei. The two deny this, and Lu Xun even tells him that he prefers girls with higher IQ, great personality, very gentle and girls who don't make trouble. Qian Wei asks what that is supposed to mean. Lu Xun says he's not implying that she's stupid, abnormal and likes making trouble. XD She whines to her father about him. Then she starts scolding Lu Xun for criticizing her inside her own home. She asks her father to beat him up, but Dad actually congratulates Lu Xun for knowing his daughter so well. Her father suggests that he help her one-on-one with her weaknesses. Lu Xun tells him not only does he need to help her, but he also needs to pull her up. XD She then starts imagining Mo Zi Xin and Lu Xun with a passel of kids running around, tugging on him as he's watching the news about her receiving an award for being a top lawyer. She starts laughing maniacally about this at the dinner table, which makes everyone look at her and wonder what's going on. Later she checks off the mission of preventing her father from getting leukemia as completed. 

To celebrate their win at the 2012 Haizhou Cup Campus Debate Tournament, the team goes out for a meal. Qian Wei sees Li Chong Wen working at a seafood restaurant. In the past, she, her roommates and their other classmates had come by for a meal and discovered that he worked there. The classmates made sure to have him ready at their beck and call and they had even asked him to pay for the bill. She had offered to pay but he wouldn't hear of it. When everyone else left, she had "accidentally" spilled her drink on him so he had to leave to go clean up. When he had returned, she had left money on the table with a note: "Sorry. I soiled your shoes and clothes. This is for your laundry bill. Please take it.” This time, Qian Wei steers everyone clear of this restaurant and Li Chong Wen notices her act of kindness.

Liu Shi Yun is struck by an idea and goes to the school swimming pool. She jumps into the pool and starts flailing around so her knight, Tang Lu, can rescue her. Her plan is botched when Qian Chuan actually rescues her as she really can’t swim. She's livid that it's him instead of Tang Lu. Instead she ends up watching Tang Lu leaving with his friend. Qian Chuan then offers his assistance in helping her pursue Tang Lu, and in return, she gives him Mo Zi Xin's whereabouts. The "love alliance" is here!

Li Chong Wen waits for Qian Wei outside of class, and as a thank you for yesterday, wants to treat her to a meal. She says she has no appetite and says maybe next time as she's busy with the Student Council election. He then says she should run for the reserve committee member on the presidential team, and he's also part of that team. He offers to share his experience with her over a meal. She finally agrees and asks if she can invite a few people to join them. 

They end up at the restaurant that he works at and she notices a blank spot on the large bulletin board covered in notes of one's love/crush. Back then, she and Li Chong Wen had made a drawing of themselves with their names on the note. Today, she just looks at the spot and he offers to put a note with a name on the board. Suddenly they're approached by some angry men - these loan sharks are here to collect on his late father’s debts. The loan sharks start destroying restaurant property, and one of the guys even goes to throw a plate of food at Qian Wei. Lu Xun suddenly appears and blocks the food from hitting her, and Mo Zi Xin shows up not long after. Lu Xun starts citing criminal law - intentionally hurting another person may be sentenced to a minimum of three years or more of prison. Then he says he'll call the police. The guy says he'll punch him, too. Lu Xun says that the same goes for threatening someone. The guy tries to pick up something to throw at him and Lu Xun also says it's the same for destroying private property. The loan sharks finally leave. The owner is very angry at Li Chong Wen, and remains so even when he offers to pay him for the damage. The owner says it's not enough even if he deducts his salary for half a year. Lu Xun offers to pay for the damage but Li Chong Wen says it's his own fault. Mo Zi Xin tells him to give up his inheritance as his father left these debts behind. He says his father not only left him these debts, but also left him with a home, his simple and kind character, and everything he cherished when he was alive. Those are the most important things in his life and he can't give them up. He admits he has a poor background but he's not ashamed of it as he earns every penny of his tuition fees and living expenses by working, taking part-time jobs and taking a scholarship. He doesn't rely on anyone to get to where he is, and he believes that if he works hard, he can change his destiny and escape poverty. In the future, he hopes to bring hope to people of his background. Qian Wei says they won't tell anyone about what happened today. Then they leave him alone to clean up the mess.

That evening Qian Wei tells Mo Zi Xin that Lu Xun is asking to go roller skating with her tomorrow. Mo Zi Xin agrees to go. The next day, Liu Shi Yun with long hair extensions, tells Qian Chuan about the outing and gives him a pair of pink roller skates. Qian Chuan tells her that Tang Lu has been practicing acupuncture recently and needs guinea pigs. She then offers her body to help Tang Lu. Yikes. Nope. 

At the skating rink, Qian Chuan meets Mo Zi Xin with the pink roller skates. Qian Wei goes to the boys' dorm to return a shirt to him and wants to leave it there but the dorm father has no idea who she's referring to. So she describes him as being this and raises her hand about a foot from her head, very tanned skin, and being evil. Ha! For his eyes, she pulls at the corners of hers, and then for his hair, she raises her hands in front of her head and says it's very spiky like a rooster. LOL Lu Xun suddenly appears right behind her, and she's shocked to see him as he should be at the skating rink. She forces him to go with her under the guise of getting more campaign votes. When they get to the skating rink, she makes him stay and ends up paying for his rental fee as she still owes him money. When she gets the skates for them and he's surprised that she knows his shoe size.

Qian Wei is forced to teach Lu Xun how to skate. He ends up skidding into Qian Chuan who gets pushed into Mo Zi Xin. Lu Xun spends some time clinging onto Qian Wei and whines that he doesn’t know how to skate (lol, his whine!) before she leaves him alone with Mo Zi Xin. He continues calling after her that he just can't do this as he's moving around so slowly. Wanting to create a more romantic ambience for them, she leaves and returns with a bubble gun. She turns on the gun and becomes nearly blinded by the bubbles. 

Lu Xun sees her struggling and quickly skates over to catch her in his arms, to keep her from falling. I knew it! He was totally faking it! And they are soooo cute here.