Love Starts from Doomsday

Lu Xun and Li Chong Wen cross paths with each other and both just sigh, but somehow manage to be in each other's way on this wide path. Afterwards, Lu Xun realizes that Li Chong Wen is carrying the box and roses. He then looks at his phone and sees a post that says "Happy for nothing. Failed." He's so relieved and ecstatic!

At her father's bedside, Qian Wei can't decide if she should text "thank you" to Lu Xun or not, but decides not to because it would reveal that she saw his sign. Her father astutely asks if Lu Xun confessed his feelings. She denies anything going on between them as they're just classmates. Dad tells her that he knows from the look in Lu Xun's eyes, and offers to help her with the final step. She says even if there was a final step, she'd build a wall to block it. He asks what's wrong with her and then says he's a good guy. They suddenly hear the nurse saying hi to Lu Xun, and Qian Wei forces her father to pretend to be asleep with her.

Lu Xun comes in and sees Qian Wei sitting asleep in the chair and takes a real close look at her. The way he looks at her! Her eyes remain closed but they flutter when he's nearby. Dad peeks over at them with one eye open. Lu Xun only removes his jacket to cover her with it and then wishes her good night before turning off the light.

Liu Shi Yun and Tang Lu play a badminton doubles match with his friends. Liu Yi Shu pretends to not know how to play and Tang Lu basically hogs the entire court, not even letting her try to hit the birdie. She reaches a point where she starts volleying the bird back and forth with the jerk friend but quickly goes back to being demure when Tang Lu sees her playing well. 

The jerk friend then pelts the birdie at her several times before she starts playing defensively again, but then she slips and injures herself. She says she's sprained her ankle and the other couple suggests playing two more rounds. Tang Lu takes a look at her foot and says that she can play on it and he would massage it later. He tells her to not kill their buzz. Qian Chuan shows up and asks him what kind of boyfriend is he to make her play while she's injured. He helps her up and takes her to the sidelines. The other couple leave and Qian Chuan offers to play singles with Tang Lu. Qian Chuan is no match for Tang Lu on the court, but he refuses to give up. Eventually, Qian Chuan ends up injuring his foot and Tang Lu taunts him for looking tough. Liu Shi Yun gets angry and aggressively serves the birdie at Tang Lu at close range. Then she helps up Qian Chuan, and they hobble away together. 

Seated across the aisle from her, Lu Xun openly stares at Qian Wei in class. She notices him staring and turns her back to him but knocks down her pencil case and it falls in between them. They both reach for the dropped items and their hands touch for a second. She looks at him and then hurriedly picks up her stuff and ignores his help. She then turns in her paper and runs out of the classroom. She continues avoiding Lu Xun at debate team practices, and even skips going to the cafeteria. Liu Shi Yun and Mo Zi Xin realize that something’s going on between the two of them, so Liu Shi Yun asks him to spill the beans.

Teacher Zhang notices that Qian Wei and Lu Xun’s performance in class has fallen, and that Li Chong Wen hasn’t been looking well. Yu Tian looks worried about Li Chong Wen. Teacher Zhang also notices that Qian Wei is avoiding Lu Xun, especially as he’s always chasing after her. Li Chong Wen offers to tutor Qian Wei for the upcoming competition (moot court), and Yu Tian will tutor Lu Xun. 

For their study session, Li Chong Wen shows up with a grasshopper head as he knows that Qian Wei doesn’t really want to see him right now. She laughs and he starts doing a little dance with his hands forming a heart. So cute!!! She continues laughing at this silliness, but Lu Xun sees them from inside the room. He’s distracted enough that he leaves Yu Tian, to go follow Qian Wei. He wordlessly throws a paper crane at her from outside the classroom window. She recognizes this paper crane from when he threw it at her in class before. She had angrily thrown it back at him and pelted him with other balled up pieces of paper. Li Chong Wen tilts his grasshopper head at this, but then he removes the head and looks closely at the paper crane. He notices there's writing on the inside but he doesn't mention it to Qian Wei. She assumes that Lu Xun is just trying to distract her so he can win. He reminds her of her promise to Teacher Zhang, that she'd put her career before relationships. He asks her to focus on the competition, no matter if she's facing him or Lu Xun. Afterwards, she's waiting for Lu Xun and he asks her for her answer. But she throws the paper crane at him and says that she'll definitely beat him. She also tells him that no one can get in the way of her reaching her goals, including him. On her way out, she sees Li Chong Wen speaking to Yu Tian and returning a file folder to her. 

Qian Wei visits her father in the hospital, and finds a makeshift dummy of him in the bed. She finds him outside in a suit and wearing a white barrister wig trying to climb the wall again. The most ambulatory leukemia patient ever. She finds out that he was trying to go to her competition. She tells him that Qian Chuan will be recording it, and then she yells for security to get him down to take him back to his room. 

At the competition, Qian Wei wonders why Liu Shi Yun took part in selecting the questions and has even volunteered to be the host, as her passion is usually food. Unbeknownst to Qian Wei, it turns out that Liu Shi Yun is helping Lu Xun with something.

It's Lu Xun, the pride of the School of Law versus Qian Wei, the charismatic flower of the School of Law. 

Question No. 1: Husband and wife filing for a divorce. Joint assets worth 30 million RMB. Without breaking the law, how to minimize the amount given to the other party. 

QW: I’ll create a huge loan made during the marriage. Creditor would be either my brother or my parents. I’ll say that the money was used to purchase stock and earnings are used to pay our family loans. It’s impossible to prove that the loan is my personal debt. So we would have to bear it together. If you want a divorce, you will be unable to get a single penny, and will still need to repay the loan with me. Creditor is my family, so the money is in her pocket in the end.

LX: My wife has taken advantage of matrimonial law to create fake loans. In a certain country, as long as the applicant is 18 years old, has no criminal record, and donates 100,000 USD to a local fund, after three months, I will receive a passport of that country. So I will obtain dual citizenship and be able to open bank account A in Macau with the new passport, then bank account B with my identity card. Through an underground account in Macau, I can withdraw all the money in cash and place it in the bank. Then I'll claim that I lost everything to an underground casino as the court never found out about bank account A. The court will be unable to enforce anything on the funds kept overseas. 

Lu Xun’s mother says, “A sneaky Qian Wei and a ruthless Lu Xun. What a perfect match. They should be together and rid others of evil.” Dad then says a child born to such a cunning couple is definitely cut out to study law. Then his parents bicker about the profession of their future grandchild - law or medicine. lol 

QW: Since my husband has to make this donation, I’ll keep track of the funds and discover dual citizenship. Then I'll report you to the public security bureau. 

Everyone applauds and Qian Wei sticks out her tongue at Lu Xun. Teacher Zhang rules that both candidates’ behaviors are against morality and deviated from the intention to study law. So it's a tie. After 2 hours and 40 minutes, there have been several questions and the two remain tied. The competition needs to go into overtime so they take a break.

After the break, Teacher Zhang announces that this competition will run through lunch. Li Chong Wen gives Qian Wei a cup of milk tea, which Lu Xun objects to, telling him to stop having contact with the candidate as they're still in the middle of the competition. Li Chong Wen's response is to yell, "Qian Wei, jia you!" to the crowd and everyone repeats it back.

The Last Question: In a marriage market, it's common to see people avoiding law students. Then shall we accept the pursuit of a female law student? Qian Wei is the said law student - List out her strengths and hit on Lu Xun. Lu Xun is the person being pursued -  List out the hidden trouble of going out with a law student, and reject her.

Qian Wei objects to this question and says why is she pursuing him instead of the other way around. She wants to keep complaining but Liu Si Yun interrupts her to say that Teacher Zhang came up with this question. She quickly shuts up and sits back down.