Rumor Retaliating Battle

Back then, when the pendant went missing, it had showed up in Qian Wei's bag. Qian Wei had said that she didn't take it and Liu Shi Yun believed her and announced it to the room. But there were rumors about Qian Wei being a thief and more ludicrous as time went on. But she didn't have any evidence to prove her innocence. She had voluntarily withdrawn from the Town's Honor Student Award selection, on the verge of depression and hid herself at home. One day she saw copies of a clarification notice defending her. It was the only ray of light during those dark days.

Qian Wei realizes that both times, Mo Tao had interactions with Liu Shi Yun. She asks for her bag and announces that the pendant will be inside and knew that someone was going to frame her today. She then reaches inside the bag and pulls out the pendant. Liu Shi Yun knows she didn't take it. Mo Tao starts to leave and Mo Zi Xin asks if it really wasn't him. Her cousin tries to deflect by saying that Qian Chuan and Liu Shi Yun were together in the bathroom doing who knows what. Qian Chuan grabs him and then yells at him to be careful with his words. Qian Wei says since no one wants to admit to it, then they will call the cops now. Mo Tao tries to leave again but Lu Xun stops him, and asks Qian Chuan to shut the door.

Later, the girls, Lu Xun and Mo Tao are reviewing the surveillance footage with the police. He says that he didn't steal anything, even though in the video, the pendant is clearly in his hand. He makes the excuse that it was falling and he held it for her. The police take him away but he yells that Mo Zi Xin's imprisoned father will call her to bail him out later. In private, the three girls discuss what happened, and Mo Zi Xin comes clean about her family. She's not the daughter of a wealthy family anymore, as her father's a financial criminal. Overseas, he had been arrested for bribery and manipulation of the stock market, so it isn't public knowledge. She didn't want people's sympathy or to look down on her so she's kept it private. Qian Wei says she's entitled to her privacy, but she has to know that she's an excellent person in her own right. Liu Shi Yun decides to not press charges against Mo Tao. Lu Xun then tells everyone to go home as they didn't find a thief. Qian Chuan flips out as he's concerned about his sister's reputation. Lu Xun tells him that his sister wasn't the thief, and Liu Shi Yun doesn't want to press charges against the actual thief. Qian Chuan wants to go see the girls but Lu Xun gets him to calm down and says that he'll find ways to protect Qian Wei.

Lu Xun is quite upset about the online rumors continue of Qian Wei being the thief. Qian Wei tells him to stop looking at his phone and then does a cute little chant with her arms: "Don't be angry. Anger is the devil's creed." This makes him laugh for a second but then he asks how can he stay calm when there are rumors of her stealing the pendant because "she's poor with a sick father". She's staying calm because she's not going to let the ones who spread the rumor win. He says that it's good that she's not affected by public opinion but they can't let the public opinion go in the wrong direction. In class, the teacher mentions that with the question on theft, and many students did not choose answer A. A student uses his wallet to save his seat and his phone to pay for his lunch. Guy A, a good friend of Guy B, stole the wallet. This is considered a typical theft. The students then all start whispering about Qian Wei. 

The teacher continues that they shouldn't be duped by the so-called "good relationship" between them. Qian Wei stands up and asks a question. If Guy A was convicted of committing theft, do they need to present behavioral evidence and result evidence? He says of course. She then asks if other people say that Guy A had committed theft without any evidence, does that mean it's an infringement on Guy A's reputation? If it's serious, could it be considered slanderous? He says that's correct. She then says that it might be important for next year's NJE. Lu Xun starts taking pictures of Qian Wei in class and shows her a funny one, which makes her laugh.

After class, everyone on campus avoids Qian Wei. Then Qian Wei, Liu Shi Yun and Lu Xun see the clarification notice on the board. Per the notice, it's 2013.09.07. She's been here 2 years now. She mutters that it's the same one. She looks over at Lu Xun who says the person behind this notice has sound logic, clear motive, expressive with words and excellent at writing. Now Qian Wei looks at him with suspicion. Lu Xun also says this kind person will become an excellent lawyer in the future.