It's Only a Bark Between Victory and Defeat

Liu Shi Yun has to audition for the theatre teacher but her singing doesn’t start well. To help put her at ease, Qian Chuan does deep breathing exercises with her and even making faces at her, which makes her laugh. She performs well and once Mo Zi Xin resolves the costume budget issue, by offering the use of her personal cosplay collection, their musical gets the green light.  

Due to their bickering, Liu Shi Yun assigns Qian Wei as Tang Sanzang (Buddhist monk) and Lu Xun as Scorpion Demoness, gender swapping the lead roles. In rehearsal, the two ruin nearly every one of their scenes together. At some point, Qian Wei almost falls down but Lu Xun catches her in time. However, out of spite, she makes them both fall, and he still protects her head from hitting the ground. She's so mature right now...not. Luckily, neither are seriously injured.

Later, Liu Shi Yun and Qian Chuan discuss the musical over bowls of luosifen. When Li Chong Wen and Mo Zi Xin enter the room, they both gag in response. Mo Zi Xin even asks if the toilet is clogged. Qian Chuan quickly hides the bowls of food under the table. They offer to help Liu Shi Yun with the script and she tells them to take the afternoon off. After they leave, Liu Shi Yun offers Qian Chuan a canister of odor eliminator from when she was dating Tang Lu. Qian Chuan thinks to himself, if he dates Mo Zi Xin, would he have to hide his favorite food and real personality from her as well? If he's asking, then...

Another day, Qian Wei goes to check on the lights for her scene and a light fixture almost lands on her. Luckily, Li Chong Wen pushes her to safety but he suffers an injury on his arm. Lu Xun runs in and then leads Li Chong Wen away by the hand to dress the wound himself.

"Little Chopper" starts an online rumor that Qian Wei is two-timing two hot guys from the School of Law, which led to their fight. Mo Zi Xin recognizes the handle and goes to meet the person behind it. They had attended the same comic convention in the past and Yu Tian had gone by Little Chopper then, and she always plays the theme song from the referenced anime on her radio broadcast as well. Yu Tian suggests that they work together against Qian Wei. Mo Zi Xin asks what she's planning to do. Mo Zi Xin later tells Liu Shi Yun that they've been invited for a radio interview tomorrow afternoon and then hands her the invitation. The invite is for 2013.05.24 - so it's been about 20 months since Qian Wei resurfaced here.

Lu Xun is supposed to give a speech to new students but receives a text message from Mo Zi Xin telling him to listen to today's radio broadcast. Yu Tian asks about the musical being a choice between pilgrimage (a journey undertaken for a religious motive) and love. Qian Wei says why can't one have both and suggests everyone see the musical to find out. Yu Tian then asks her - if Qian Wei is a two-timer in real life? Her brother and Li Chong Wen both look surprised at this. Yu Tian says she's hugging Lu Xun on the left and holding Li Chong Wen on the right. At this point, Lu Xun stops what he's doing and runs to get to the broadcast room. Yu Tian claims this is what the netizens online wanted to know. Qian Wei says that it's a misunderstanding as the three of them are friends, and instead they should talk about the musical. Yu Tian states that both guys have feelings for her and they fought because of her. Liu Shi Yun objects vehemently to this. Yu Tian says that she's just trying to clear the air. Li Chong Wen speaks into the microphone and admits that he has feelings for Qian Wei but she's rejected him so she's not a two-timer. He thanks her for showing him what the feeling of falling in love is. He hopes no one misunderstands and ruins his heartfelt memories. Qian Wei stands up to leave, and at the same time, Lu Xun barges into the room. She's surprised to see him. He quietly barks at her and then apologizes. She tries to get him to shut up but he won't be stopped this time. He hands her the paper crane and tells her that he'll pursue her no matter what. 

LX: Human beings can be very obdurate in their convictions. It could be dignity. It could be stubbornness. While I... I'm too used to making judgments on my own. I'm also always self-centered. I'm too used to thinking that everything that I do for you is undoubtedly the best. But now only I realize, what I did can't make you happy. So, I'm sorry. No matter what you say in the future, I'll listen to you. Okay?

QW whispering: Okay, but the broadcast is ongoing. What you just said was heard by everyone on campus. 

Liu Shi Yun and Qian Chuan start clapping and hollering at this. Now their relationship is official as it's been announced to everyone now. Heh. Qian Wei drags him away with her. Yu Tian tries to turn down the broadcast but Mo Zi Xin stops her. Liu Shi Yun says Lu Xun has been wanting to make their relationship official for a long time, so thanks to Yu Tian's plan, his wish has been granted. Poor Li Chong Wen's angry yet dejected face here. She's also helped them get over their cold war. The girls leave, as does Qian Chuan who sarcastically asks if their kind host wants to conclude the interview now. Yu Tian tries to speak to Li Chong Wen but he just ignores her and leaves without a word. 

Qian Wei is now gleefully enjoying his love letter as he's "always so mean to her and receiving a love letter from him is more exciting than receiving the Town's Honor Student Award." The two agree to start with the website for the legal aid platform while she figures out how to start an app. He extracts a promise from her: To not to threaten to break up with him every time they have a fight. He admits that he's used all of his courage to be with her. Awww. Then he pinches her cheeks. She does have such a cute pinch-worthy face! She then adds a clause to their contract - that he needs to call her lao ban. Haha. He gives her a quick kiss and says "A dog that bites doesn't bark." He then gives her one more cheek pinch before running off ahead of her.  

Elsewhere, Yu Tian asks Mo Zi Xin how Lu Xun found out about the broadcast, as she had already created a distraction for him. She admits that she texted him to warn him. Yu Tian asks why she went back on her words. Mo Zi Xin says that she never said that she would work with her. She only asked her what she was going to do and then she told her the plan, so she shared it with others. Yu Tian doesn't understand why she'd help Qian Wei. She replies that she's helping Lu Xun, as loving someone means helping him and making him happy is more satisfying than creating obstacles for him. She's known him all of these years and she's never seen him give in to anyone, so that explains it all. "I must be playing the female supporting role. But even if I'm just a supporting role, I'll never let the villain make use of me." *mic drop* Go, Mo Zi Xin!

Now our once-bickering-couple are making up now - by actually making up sweet lines during rehearsal. Liu Shi Yun corrects them as Qian Wei is supposed to choose to go on the pilgrimage instead of accepting his love. Ha! Qian Chuan tells his jie fu that he's tamed his sister with a bark. LOL Qian Wei says he's the one that barks, so he's the one who's been tamed. Qian Chuan replies that he's "a great man who knows when to yield." She then proceeds to beat her brother. 

Qian Wei receives a mysterious call and suddenly has to leave to meet the person. She's meeting with a venture capitalist who somehow has her direct contact information.