I Want The Thousand Eyes of The Eternal Night, To See Only You

Qian Wei is on the bus with all of her protective gear on, including the helmet. She's also wearing a body cam. Lu Xun is busy preparing for the ultimate proposal on a rooftop and Lao Tao even loaned him his car which helped with his own proposal to his wife. Lu Xun has roses and balloons surrounding a projection screen. The car trunk is also full of roses and there are pictures of the and the poem, hanging across. Sitting in the center, there’s a “Marry Me” sign next to a small projector. 

Li Chong Wen is looking for Qian Wei at the pier and ends up on Lan He's yacht. Qian Wei is nowhere to be found. Lan He tells him that she's not here, as she had lied to get him to come here. She says that he's destroyed a company and his own future to help Qian Wei. He agrees that he did this for Qian Wei and for himself. She then asks what about her. He puts his hands on her arms and tells her to come back with him and they can start over. She shrugs off his hands and says that he's chosen to betray her. Even though she's lost, she won't let anyone win either. 

She then hugs him and tells him that Qian Wei is dead as she died in a car accident. He looks shocked. She then says Li Chong Wen is dead, too, as he drowned at sea while trying to flee. She suddenly stabs him in the abdomen with her little but sharp taxidermy knife. She then has her men toss him overboard. 

Lu Xun is still waiting for Qian Wei but then he plugs in the flash drive into the projector and Qian Wei's video starts playing and he comes quite concerned.

Qian Wei is at the meeting spot and calls the yacht club to have Lan He meet her outside. Not long after, a blue car shows up and tries to run her over, but she's able to dodge it. She gets up and stands her ground, and yells that she's already called the police and she's not actually carrying the evidence with her. The driver tries to run her over again and she dodges out of the way and this time she remains on the ground.

Lu Xun is driving furiously to get to her, as he's able to track her exact location with their couple’s app. He's also calling the authorities. 

LX's voiceover: Before I met you, I liked to do everything alone, I thought I could bear the burden of being alone. But after meeting you, I learned to be afraid. I'm afraid of your tears, afraid that you would give your smile to someone else, afraid of a future without you.

The driver in the blue car starts revving up the engine and Qian Wei remains on the ground. But then she sees another car accelerating towards the blue car and she starts yelling (inaudibly), “No! Don't!” She knows it's Lu Xun. 

LX's thoughts: Even if tomorrow is the end of the world, the sky falls and the earth crumbles, my greatest fear is that even at the very end, I still don't have the courage to tell you: I never wanted to be your opponent, I've always wanted to be by your side. No matter how dangerous it may be, I will stand in front of you. 

And then the two cars drive by each other, but Lu Xun’s car gets clipped and goes airborne as the airbags deploy from the impact. Not sure why/how, but, okay, Show.

LX voiceover: I've never believed in any form of God. But one day, as I passed by Jin An temple, I somehow found myself going in. I didn't know what to wish for, so I simply wished for you to be healthy and happy always. At that time, I thought to myself that if it could come true, I would trade all the good fortune in my life for it. He's thinking about the proposal on that rooftop, and they're looking at lights lit up in the shape of a heart. If it could come true, I want all the lights in the world and the stars to light the way for you. In his mind, they're hugging each other. I want to be your star, to shine for you, to glow for you. Lu Xun's car flips over, lands on its roof and continues sliding across the road. The projector falls and starts playing his slideshow (looks like the one Qian Wei made in her dream). Qian Wei gets up and hobbles towards Lu Xun’s flipped car. In his mind, he's looking at her face. I want the thousand eyes of the eternal night, to see only you. It then starts to snow over the hugging couple.