When Dreams Are Hit By Reality

Lu Xun has Qian Wei join him on the couch, and he gently wipes her wet head with the towel. He quietly apologizes to a somber Qian Wei for his reckless behavior just now. He tells her when spring is here, they can put the cherry pots in front of her father's grave, so he won't be lonely. Cherries. Qian Wei doesn't say anything, so Lu Xun hands her the envelope. Inside, she finds her 2014 NJE registration and her father's letter.

Xiao Wei: If you're seeing this, that means I'm pretty unlucky. But don't blame the heavens for being unfair. I have experienced so much happiness because of all of you. That's why I'm willing to bear the pain and suffering. Birth, old age, sickness, and death, these are what every human must face. Actually, I'm not scared. I'm just worried that you might be. You have been competitive since you were young. You had to take care of your brother, me and your mother. Actually, I truly hope that someone will love you just like how I love your mother. I hope he can help you relax and stay strong. When you were young, you told me that your ambition was to be a lawyer. I was elated. Too many people have led a busy life without knowing what their dreams were. For example, me. I'm just an ordinary father. But I raised a pair of exceptional children. I'm very proud of you two. I hope I can give you courage instead of being an obstacle in your journey. Ya tou, your dreams are my dreams, too. No matter if I'm by your side or not, no matter if I'm still alive or not, I hope you can realize your dream and shine brightly. Don't blame me for registering for the National Judicial Examination for you. Don't be sad. Even though lao ba can no longer keep you company, I've prepared a secret gift for you when you pass the exam. I've placed it under your bed. Treat this as my compensation, okay?

She's been crying the entire time she's been reading her father's handwritten letter. Lu Xun consoles her, with an arm around her, "If we stay in the same spot whenever we encounter obstacles, we'll never recover from our suffering. All your dreams and talent will be in vain. I would rather be a villain. I would rather let you detest me. Even so, I want you to overcome it by force. I know this is an excruciating process. But no matter how terrible it feels, I'm willing to shoulder them together with you." Then he slips a little origami helmet into her hand. She says she doesn't understand why the same thing happened even though she went through so much to experience everything again. He says that he'll stay with her, and even if their fate was truly dictated from the start, he would change their fate together with her. He wipes the tears from her face and asks her to stop crying. She hugs him, and tearfully says they'll take the exam together. He rubs her back and tells her to stop crying, even though his own eyes are filled with tears.

It's exam day and Qian Wei looks understandably nervous. Lu Xun holds her hand outside the building and squeezes her hand three times. During the exam, Qian Wei goes to grab her eraser and suddenly finds herself at the NJE in 2022, as her paper exam is now with a computer, keyboard and mouse setup. And on her screen, she sees herself from 2014. She suddenly stands up during the exam in 2014, and the proctor asks her what's going on. She answers that she felt dizzy and he tells her to sit down and take her exam. She sits down, spins her ring and goes back to taking the exam.

The results are out, Qian Wei scored 478 and Lu Xun scored 475 on the exam. She goes to her bedroom and pulls out the present from her father. She opens the box and finds the white barrister wig. Perhaps it's the one her father wore when he tried to go to her competition. She laughs and tearfully says her father does know her best. Lu Xun interrupts to congratulate her on breaking his record, and Li Chong Wen's from last year, and even the University's previous record. He also tells her that Jin Yuan Law Firm is looking for interns, and she should take the opportunity as there's limited availability. He'll be busy with his six-month internship with the court, along with getting their Law Online site ready. She says that she can no longer compete with him, so she won't experience the thrill of winning against him again. XD He tells her "In my world, you are always the winner." She then gives him several pecking kisses, dropping them on his face in quick succession. He asks if she's a woodpecker. Ha. He then tries to give her a real kiss, but she pretends to spit in his face. lol! She laughs and then kisses his cheek again. He retaliates by pinching her cheeks, and the two continue to horseplay.