Jiang Taigong Fishing

In his office, Li Chong Wei is surrounded by a couple bouquets of flowers and several shopping bags. He receives a very brief text from Qian Wei: stop sending her all those things in the future. Li Chong Wen replies that the flowers were to congratulate her for passing the NJE. He wanted the driver to help her with her everyday tasks. He's worried about her being busy and not having her meals so the meal replacement bars and vitamins were to help replenish her energy. He's happy that she's working on her dream, Law Online. He's trying to understand her now. He asks if she's sure she'll never fall for him again, even though he's changed. How many ways does she have to tell him no? Lan He comes into his office and tells him that it's only called love when one can let it go; and it's obsession when one can't. So stop torturing himself over Qian Wei. She leaves and he sees that Qian Wei hasn't responded to his very long text. 

Lu Xun looks at the wish inside his bottle and refolds it and puts it away. He looks outside his office and wonders where Qian Wei is. Lao Tao comes in and tells him that she's not coming in as she's on leave. He then teasingly asks if he'll die if she doesn't come in for a month. He tells him that Lawyer Wu wants Qian Wei to join his team, and he had told Lawyer Wu to ask for Qian Wei's opinion on it. He thinks it would be great if she did agree. He tells Lu Xun if he continues like this, they won't be able to work together again. Lu Xun insists that's impossible as he doesn't agree to it. He can raise her wages, he can share the revenues with her, but he won't let her be away for a month. He changes it to half a month, as even half a month is too long for him. Lao Tao asks if he had cement instead of milk when he was young. Ha! He asks why he’s so stubborn like a rock. He asks him if he doesn’t understand what Qian Wei is asking for, and suggests he use his brain. If he had spent more effort on his relationships, then he wouldn’t need to stay single until now. He says he’s told him multiple times to get rid of his pride, just be frank with her and everything will be okay.

Lu Xun wants to explain his own concept of love, but Lao Tao says he doesn't want to hear his lousy concept. Nonetheless, Lu Xun arrogantly tells him that relationships are not about the pursuit. Instead, they’re formed on the personal charm and attraction one radiates. He looks so smugly proud of this. Lao Tao asks if his concept of love was so viable, how is he still single now? Lu Xun suggests they drop this argument, and then he, almost bashfully, asks if she mentioned him when she applied for leave. Lao Tao just laughs and teases that he can’t hold it in anymore. It seems that he’s still quite concerned for her. Lu Xun replies that this move is called "Jiang Taigong Fishing", as those who are willing will be caught. Lao Tao chides him for applying war tactics on relationships. He didn't listen to him nor take his advice. He can play the game as long as he wants. It’s none of his business so do whatever he wants. He then says he loathes him and asks him to leave his office. Lu Xun reminds him that they're in his office. Lao Tao says fine, then he'll leave.

Outside his office, Lawyer Wu asks Lao Tao how it went. It turns out that the office is hedging bets on who will confess first. Lawyer Wu says that Lu Xun will confess first, as he can’t hold it any long. And if he doesn't, Lawyer Lu will confess on his behalf. I’d pay to see her reaction to that. Qian Wei had applied for leave for her rehabilitation, and Lao Tao had used this opportunity to stir up their emotions.

Lu Xun is meeting with Mo Zi Xin at a cafe, and Qian Wei is spying on them. When it appears that Mo Zi Xin is going to confess to him, Qian Wei interrupts her by confessing to him herself. Lu Xun's response is to smile at Mo Zi Xin, who gives him the OK signal. Lu Xun then asks Qian Wei why she didn't say so sooner. Then he kisses her! Qian Wei wakes up from her brain scan. She realizes that it's better to goad him into action than to beg him. The war of love is on. The doctor asks her if she's experiencing the prophetic dreams still as Mr. Lu keeps calling to ask about her condition. She asks him to not tell him about the side effects, as she's sure her dream will come true this time.