Kid's Meal in An Adult World

Qian Wei knows that in the future, the Wolf Agreement is widely used but defeats the purpose of labor laws by taking advantage of employees' anxiety and forcing them to give up the benefits guaranteed by labor law. In the future, any lawyer would think that this really is a tricky and smart idea. But any lawyer with a conscience would be disgusted by its inherent coldness and exploitation. She just didn't know that Li Chong Wen was the one who came up with this idea until now. Li Chong Wen tells everyone that it's not necessary to force employees to sign. It only takes one person to sign and the rest will follow suit. "Because in the workplace, we all have this mentality - we're afraid if we don't do this, someone else will do it." Employees = sheep following the flock. 

Qian Wei refuses to work on this case as her morals won’t allow her to serve such a case. She believes what they’re doing will ruin this man’s life and he doesn’t deserve this treatment. She leaves the meeting, and in essence, quits this internship. The other interns are unhappy to see her go but she can’t tell them exactly what happened as she signed an NDA. On her way out, she sees Mr. Zhang talking to Li Chong Wen while they’re smoking cigarettes. Back in the day, during this internship, Li Chong Wen had started smoking after taking on this same case. But she didn't know what he struggled with back then and had, in fact, told him to just work on the case. She thinks it's her fault for not stopping him back then. 

She returns home and tells Lu Xun that she wants to help Li Chong Wen and that employee. If she doesn't do anything to help, then she'll ruin two people's lives. She doesn’t want Li Chong Wen, one of their classmates, to use his intelligence for exploiting legal loopholes in the future. He counters that she can bear to see him use his intelligence on jealousy. Awww. So she snuggles up to him and bribes him with fruit to get him to agree to let her help Li Chong Wen. She then receives a call from her mother telling her that her father's ashes have been buried. It was snowing heavily during the burial and everything was so white and beautiful. She says that she's been too busy with school. Lu Xun pats her on the head and then puts his arm around her as she continues talking to her mother. She tells her mother otherwise she would have been there and wanted to see the snowfall, too.  

Li Chong Wen meets Qian Wei at the hospital, where Qin Fen is getting his treatment via IV drip but he's more concerned about meeting a client in time. She tells Li Chong Wen that she asked to meet him, not just to help Qin Fen but also him. Now they're at a fast food joint and watching Qin Fen interact with his son. Qin Fen is a single father. If he doesn't work, then he can't raise his son. If he works, then he has little time for his son. With the Wolf Agreement, he truly has no choice then. Li Chong Wen says it's a dog-eat-dog-world for adults. He can't choose his own life nor can he change the rules of society. The two argue about labor law but she believes that he still has a conscience. He tells her that he’s not as noble as she thinks he is. He already turned down that previous job opportunity and can't miss out on this one, too. And if he doesn't do this, someone else will. He then says that the only person he wanted to protect was her, but she's already rejected him. Oof. She now realizes that he had sacrificed himself - and not her or Qin Fen. 

She tells him that the Wolf Agreement is the starting point of his pursuit of fame and fortune. And she knows he has a box of cigarettes in his bag now and that he starts smoking after this event. Fame and fortune are like cigarettes - addictive. Once Qin Fen signs this agreement, Li Chong Wen will turn into the wolf in the future. He says this isn't about choosing whether to be a good person or not. It's about whether he loses the job or Qin Fen does. This is his reality every time. Only when he is successful, will he have the right to talk about dreams and morals.  She bitterly laughs at this and asks if he thinks he'll be closer to his dream after he gets this job. She tells him that she now knows why he didn't become a civil lawyer but a legal specialist who maximizes profits of the capitalist. He's confused as to why he became a legal specialist.