Embrace the Past and Embrace the Future

Lu Xun now believes that her prophetic dreams are real, however she would rather those dreams never came true. She feels helpless that no matter how much she tries to change things, the outcome is the same. He tells her it's not necessarily true as he wasn't stabbed in the abdomen but someone else cut his hand instead. She doesn't believe that this is considered a change as he is still injured. He asks her what if she dreams about them breaking up, would she still choose to be with him? She says yes, so the dream isn't a reality, as it's a fragment of the process. So they have control of the end result. He then shows her a message from Mo Zi Xin stating that after police intervention, the crew members understand that Wang Ruo Gu created this mess, and they will apologize to Law Online and her. Lu Xun and Qian Wei agree to believe in their future together. She then gives him her ring, as she doesn't want to believe in prophetic dreams anymore, only in him. 

Mr. Wang, the leader of the crew members, with Mo Zi Xin standing beside him, issues a public statement apologizing to Mo Zi Xin, and Law Online. They've filed a lawsuit against the previous producer for their back pay. They've also signed a new contract with Mo Zi Xin as Qingliang Visitor is taking over the "The Court of Law" project. 

AES is covering their tracks in regards to any money laundering activities. The financial manager for Qing Yun has been switched from Yuan Qiao to Yu Tian. The documents from Wang Ruo Gu's divorce petition have led Lu Xun and his team to an offshore account which have various incoming payment amounts but there is no set pattern. Qian Wei has just obtained the name list of Qing Yun Project's fundholders. They're wanting to force an audit of all Qing Yun Project accounts, which will expose AES' money laundering activities. 

Lu Xun meets with Yu Tian, who says she's only recently taken over the Qing Yun Project and asks what he wants. He tells her that they're meeting at the cafe, instead of the office, as a courtesy as they were once classmates. She tells him that she can't give him what he wants. He shows her the petition, and asks if she thinks the evidence doesn't carry any weight, why has she been avoiding meeting with him before now. If she turns herself in now, the sentence for money laundering can be reduced to less than five years. She says that it's uncertain that his evidence will be accepted so stop threatening her. He tells her once the relationship between Qing Yun project and AES is exposed, everyone in top-level management, including the CEO, chairman and general manager won't be able to cover themselves, never mind the ones below their ranks. He advises her to not ruin her life and future. She replies that she needs more time. Afterwards, Wang Ruo Gu sees her leaving the meeting with Lu Xun and calls her to angrily ask about her secret meeting with Lu Xun. She tells him that she's seen the petition, and it's not as simple as he thinks. She doesn't want to betray the company but she doesn't want to be the scapegoat either. Yu Tian says that on the surface, he accepted the money from Lan He to work for AES but he actually secretly embezzled AES' funds. So he's been double-dipping. 

Wang Ruo Gu has now sold 8 million yuan worth of stocks to launder the money he got from embezzlement before transferring it to offshore accounts. As he was in a hurry, he used the default address for the receipt - the matrimonial home before his divorce. Yuan Qiao has given Lu Xun the key to the place. He tells Qian Wei to meet him at the address later. She asks him what's going on but he only says he has a surprise for her. Lu Xun has the concert tickets with him! 

Lu Xun gets to the house and finds the mail (the receipt) on the doorstep. He then goes inside looking for anything else potentially useful. Not long after, Wang Ruo Gu shows up to pour gasoline into the place, then locks him inside the place, and sets the place on fire before leaving. When Qian Wei arrives, she notices the billowing smoke and Lu Xun's empty parked car, so she calls him but there's no answer. So she follows the smoke and finds Lu Xun locked inside while the place is engulfed in flames. She manages to find a ball-peen hammer and breaks the lock to save Lu Xun.