Let Go of the Past, Move On!

At home, Lu Xun is playing the game “Noah of Ice”, when Qian Wei knocks on his door. When he opens the door, she yells “surprise” and literally barges in. She tells him that Lao Tao sent her to help him. 

She takes a glance around and thinks it looks the same as in her dream. She throws down the allergy meds on the table. He makes an excuse about having a weak constitution. She notices a jar of jerky on the table, and he grabs it away from her and eats a piece.  She tries to snoop around the place but he won’t allow it and makes her sit down with him. He tells her that “Noah of Ice” is one of Morris' games, but it's totally different from all of their previously released games - the artwork, characters, and storyline. He's looking for the concept artist. Not unlike the dream, Lu Xun is terrible with playing this game as well. Qian Wei takes over, wins and gets through to the end of the game.

山青茶盛时
伦待久违人

Tea mountain in full fragrance, waiting for the long-lost one.

There's a post-credits scene with the protagonists under a red umbrella on a tea plantation, which Lu Xun realizes might be related to the concept artist, Sheng Kai (盛开) and Morris' owner, Ma Lun (马伦). Qian Wei knows that game designers like to include their initial aspiration of game creation in post-credits like this. So Ma Lun and Sheng Kai were not just partners back then, but in a relationship together.

Qian Wei mentions going to see Ma Lun, and Lu Xun replies there's a conflict of interest as Li Chong Wen is AES' legal director and they have a relationship. She says she has no relationship with Li Chong Wen. There's no way they're getting back together. He says that they also can’t afford any more mistakes with the upcoming second trial. She tells him that she’s decided to take the NJE, as she’s overcome what happened before with her father. She asks for him to take her to the exam, and he replies he can't as there's a very important client meeting that day. She gets him to agree to take her with him to see Ma Lun if she passes the NJE. Then she wants a pinky promise but he won't agree to that and just kicks her out. 

Exam day arrives on October 20th, and breakfast is delivered to her house, which she assumes was Lu Xun’s doing as it’s all of her favorite items. She's dropped off by her brother and Liu Shi Yun who are fighting as usual, as they’re vying for her attention. After the exam, they're waiting for her, but so is Lu Xun, secretly spying from a distance, in his car. Of course he is. He lets Lao Tao know that if her reaction after the test is anything to go by, she’s probably passed the NJE. 

Lu Xun and Qian Wei visit Ma Lun, who denies knowing where Sheng Kai is. Qian Wei confronts him about them being a couple previously, and about selling the rights to Noah of Ice, which angered Sheng Kai and resulted in their breakup. Qian Wei knows that he's afraid to face her, as he holds a lot of guilt about how everything went down. She essentially calls him a coward. Lu Xun stops her and tells Ma Lun that if he doesn't ask for her help, all of his works will be overshadowed by this plagiarism allegation. He tells them to leave and then ponders over the end of his past relationship. Not long afterwards, he sends Sheng Kai's contact information to Qian Wei.

Qian Wei wants to go with Lu Xun to see her but he won’t allow it, as it’s in a remote area. He claims that her health isn't up to par, and she would be unable to do the hiking to get there. So she gets a health check up. She makes him wait for her while she gets a brain scan by stealing his watch. Her parting words before the scan, “Whoever leaves is a dog. The kind that’ll stay single for ten years.”

During the brain scan, she ends up seeing her father again. She tells her father that she took her NJE, and then puts on the white barrister wig. She tells him that thanks to his ring, she was able to relive her past but she tearfully says that she still couldn't save him. 

QW’s father: Ya tou, even though I'm gone, you still have Mom and Xiao Chuan. I'll be up there keeping an eye on you, watching over you, protecting you every day. I kept forcing you to take the exam before, because I wanted you to have a more stable path and walk farther in the future. As the old saying goes, don't dwell on the past, focus on the future. Leave the past behind and move forward.

She tearfully tells her father that she misses him so much and goes to touch his hand. Dad reaches over and when touches her ring, and then he's gone. She then has a prophetic dream about someone physically attacking Lu Xun. She wakes up from the brain scan and is now worried about Lu Xun.

Afterwards, the doctor goes over the results with them. She’s recovered but still needs regular rehabilitation. Lu Xun asks if she’s fully recovered and the doctor says that brain injuries are complex, so she shouldn’t overexert herself. Lu Xun then asks if she can go hiking, and the doctor says she should rest. Qian Wei complains that he’s reneging on their deal, and the doctor says that she should listen to her boyfriend as he really cares about her. Lu Xun replies “I'm her lao ban, not her boyfriend,” and then leaves the doctor’s office. She whispers to the doctor “He'll be soon.” Hehe. She tells us that, “What I, Qian Wei, want to do, do you, Lu Xun, really think you can stop me?” Her utter smugness here. XD Waiting outside, Lu Xun tells her that he’s also concerned about her safety as AES’ staff have already approached Sheng Kai. His parting words, “You mustn’t follow me. Whoever follows me is a dog.”

Qian Wei finds a way to the tea plantation by hitching a ride with Liu Shi Yun, who wants to meet her as her family wants Sheng Kai’s land for her uncles' amusement park. Qian Chuan has been forced to go with them as she’s canceled two days’ worth of lessons (his work), and she wants him there as protection for Lu Xun. She is hoping to persuade Sheng Kai with an exceptional love story.

Lu Xun and Qian Wei find a way to get Sheng Kai to hear them out. Sheng Kai isn’t very interested as her revenge on Ma Lun is to never mind his business again. I actually appreciate this type of revenge. Lu Xun leaves the paperwork with her. Qian Wei tells her that the copyright from seven years ago isn't a matter of hatred or fame for her, it's a regret. She understands as she's had a similar experience. A while ago, she had a dream, wherein she fixed all of her regrets and filled the void in her heart. In that dream, she had also met her ex-boyfriend who left her scarred. Then she realized that "if you get to go through it again, even if you don't agree with it, but at least you can understand his choice. Running away like this is useless. Only when you has the courage to stand in front of him and face him, that's when you've really moved on." Sheng Kai doesn't say anything. Qian Wei sets down a business card before leaving.