Chapter 19 - Cara (early summer, 2024)

"Baby, time to wake up," I heard the deep, husky voice I loved so much whisper into my ear moments before kisses littered my face

"Mmm, do I have to?" I groaned, trying to pull the sheet over my head, but the movement was halted by my mate's handsome head being bunted against my hands. Yoongi purred as my fingers found their way into his hair and scratched his furry grey ears. Mornings, especially those I woke up in his arms, were one of my favourite times of the day even though I didn't like early starts.

"Yes, you do have to. I have made coffee and breakfast," he murmured before quickly placing his lips on mine for a quick, chaste kiss as he ripped the sheet off me completely. I whined, moving to try and catch him for another kiss. "You can have more kisses once you're out of bed."

"Meanie," I pouted, earning myself a deep chuckle as a hand connected with my exposed ass.

"C'mon Kitten, the faster you get up, the more kisses you get. If you're not in the kitchen in one minute, I'm withholding all kisses for the rest of the day."

I gasped as my eyes widened. "You wouldn't!"

"Guess there's only one way to find out..." he proclaimed in a sing-song manner while walking out of the room.

I quickly threw on a robe and rushed down the stairs, hoping that I made it in time before the punishment kicked in. "There's my good little mate," he praised, handing me a steaming cup of coffee served with a kiss on the side.

As we drank our delicious, caffeinated beverages and ate our honey ricotta toast topped with fresh berries, Yoongi and I fell into an easy conversation. He told me he was meeting with a producer who was interested in helping him record his follow-up album. We talked about Jin, JK and Tae, as well as trying to figure out what the information the alpaca hybrid had to share was. This led to me wondering what the new detective on the case was like and if he lived up to all the praises my assistant sent his way.

Taking the plates to the sink, Yoongi returned to give me a long, loving kiss that left me breathless and wanting more. "Later, Kitten," he murmured against my lips, "I promise to continue this later. I love you. Have a good day."

"Love you too, Honey," I whispered before stealing one last kiss.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I was busy perusing the concept drawings from the architect for the expansion of Sanctuary's shelter; we had outgrown the space and needed to add another wing to help house more hybrids. I was pleased to see that he had included all the specifications Joy and I had asked for – specifically some purpose-built temperature-controlled rooms that we could use for specific breeds of hybrids.

A noise startled me and when I looked up, I found my assistant standing in front of my desk, a tray of takeaway coffee cups in each of his hands. "The detectives will be here in a few minutes, they're just parking now," he said, his ears semi-flattened on his head and tail hanging limply behind him. It was unusual to see Bang Chan not with his normal sunny temperament, but the seriousness of the upcoming conversation was weighing just as heavily on him as it was for me.