Chapter 40 - Jimin (late winter, 2026)

The past couple of months had flown by as if someone had pressed the hyperspeed button

The past couple of months had flown by as if someone had pressed the hyperspeed button. The move into our new home, while hectic and a bit stressful, had been relatively easy. That was the one positive thing about having so many people in our lives, they made for light work. Even my old partner came, along with his mate, Yugyeom Kim. It was so nice to see Eun-Woo again; the two of us hadn't seen each other as much as we'd like between his job as a detective and my busy schedule with recording, dance practices and taking care of Cara and the kit.

The house looked even more lovely when we'd moved in; it felt like it had been built with the three of us in mind. Like I'd expected, Cara gushed constantly about the kitchen, as well as about our new bedroom, which was much more spacious than the previous one. Yoongi found his favourite window, claiming the windowsill in the lounge as the prime sunbathing spot in the house; whenever we couldn't find him and it was a sunny day, that was the first place we'd go look for him in.

I'd gotten my wish, and out to the side of the house, we'd set up a large greenhouse so we could grow our own vegetables. Inside the greenhouse, Namjoon and I had constructed raised garden beds, which now were planted with a few vegetables. Once the weather warmed up, I would be out there planting and tending to the spring and summer crops. It was my way of making sure that not only my son, but also all of us, could eat healthy foods.

The room we'd chosen for the nursery had turned out even better than I could have imagined. Jungkook and Tae, the two artists of our group, had come and helped with painting ethereal wispy clouds over the ceiling. Cara had found a feature light fitting that looked like the moon when it lit up, and after trying what felt like every armchair in the shop, had chosen a nice charcoal grey one that was comfortable for her to use when she was up in the middle of the nights for feedings. Yoongi had gushed when he came home after spending the day with Namjoon; the two men had found the cutest little mobile with different types of animals on it – even a white fox and a cat!

 Yoongi had gushed when he came home after spending the day with Namjoon; the two men had found the cutest little mobile with different types of animals on it – even a white fox and a cat!

My favourite part of the whole room though, was the framed quote I'd found online one day. As soon as I'd seen it, I knew I needed to have it made up for our little kit. 'Let me love you a little more before you're not little anymore' summarised exactly how I felt towards my son; everyday I'd love each of our young with all my heart – and then a little more for good measure too.