Chapter 22 - Cara (early summer, 2024)

"Kitty, are you okay with this?" I asked Yoongi apprehensively as I parked the car outside the café, keeping it on so the air-conditioning was still running

"Kitty, are you okay with this?" I asked Yoongi apprehensively as I parked the car outside the café, keeping it on so the air-conditioning was still running. The whole ride over here had been filled with nothing but a nervous silence. I don't know who was more nervous to meet with Jimin – me or Yoongi.

"Yeah, as much as I don't want to share my mate, fate says I have to," he replied quietly. Even though my feline mate was in this with me, he was doing it reluctantly.

I mean, I couldn't blame Yoongi for being cautious and a bit hesitant on meeting the other hybrid seeing as for over six months, it had been just the two of us in our love bubble. In spite of that, he now had to let a complete stranger into his relationship with his mate, as well as the life we'd built together.

After releasing a deep sigh, I turned off the ignition and looked at the handsome man beside me. My breath stopped as my heart leapt. The sun painted my mate in a heavenly glow. As much as he didn't love summer and grumbled about the heat, Yoongi looked damn good bathing in the sun's rays.

"I love you so much, Yoongi. Nothing, and no one, is ever going to change that," I muttered quietly while reaching out to hold his hand.

I was blessed with his gummy smile as he clasped my hand in both of his. I blushed as he brought our intertwined hands to his lips and brushed kisses along my knuckles. "I love you too, Cara. More than words could ever describe, Baby."

Needing to give my heart some time to calm down, I suggested that we go in. Yoongi let go of my hand long enough for me to get out of the car, and as soon as I was beside him, his fingers were wound between mine again. Throughout finding a table and perusing the menu, our hands never parted.

"Hi, sorry to keep you waiting," I heard a soft, warm voice speak from beside our table.

I looked up and smiled at Jimin before looking at Yoongi. Both hybrids had a strange look on their faces, but I didn't want to pry. They'd tell me in their own time.

"You're okay, we just got here ourselves," I said, trying to reassure the detective. As he took a seat on the other side of me, I allowed myself a moment to check him out. Jimin was absolutely a very handsome man, with an ethereal beauty to his features. There was a softness in his duo-coloured eyes, despite having witnessed some of the atrocities people and hybrids did to each other. The bags under his eyes didn't make him look exhausted like they would on anyone else; instead, they added a youthful squishiness to his already puffy cheeks. But it was his lips that caught my attention once again, not only because I wanted to feel them against my own, but because of the soft and welcoming smile that lit up his face.

I mentally shook myself to bring me back to here and now. "Jimin, this is Yoongi Min, my mate. And Yoongi, this is Jimin Park, my... other mate?"

Jimin giggled and it sounded like how I'd imagine angels sounding – soft, light and warm. As he extended his hand across the table towards Yoongi, he smiled and spoke confidently. "It's nice to meet you. Shall we order and then we can talk?"