Chapter 32 - Jimin (late autumn, 2024)

It was such a relief to hear that there wasn't anything medically wrong with Cara and that she was going to be okay

It was such a relief to hear that there wasn't anything medically wrong with Cara and that she was going to be okay. Looking back at what our life was like after our sequential ruts and her catatonia, I have felt more settled in our weirdly shaped relationship.

Gnome on relationship thing...

While she was in that dream state as the script called it, Yoongi and I had many long heart-to-hearts about how we felt about our mate group. Both of us stated that there would be no one better to have as Cara's second mate than the other.

As much as I would have loved to have buried myself deep within my mate as soon as we got home, both Yoongi and I were still reeling about how that vile hybrid had treated our girl. Cara said she was okay, but I knew that she hadn't heard the entire hateful tirade directed at her. When I heard those despicable things being said about my gorgeous mate, red tinted my vision as I thought of ways to rip the head off that duck's body.

I know all the ways to get away with it too.

"Jiminie, come to bed," the angelic voice of my mate sounded out softly as I caught myself deep in thought at the bathroom vanity. My mouth was full of toothpaste foam, with the toothbrush still in my raised, but frozen, hand.

Quickly finishing my nightly routine, I turned off the light. I was making my way into the bedroom but I was stopped in my tracks, completely enchanted by the sight before me. My Angel, the woman who single-handedly held my heart in her hand, was giving me the biggest and warmest smile as she waited for me to join her and Yoongi in bed. She looked so beautiful wearing nothing but her smile as she reached out for me, as if she was the lifeline I needed to pull me back in from sea. Sliding in under the blankets where it was nice and warm, I turned onto my side and admired the beauty that was Cara.

"Hi, my love," I whispered as to not wake the sleeping hybrid snoring softly into Cara's neck as he spooned her from behind. "How are you feeling after what we heard tonight?"

I listened as my mate told me everything on her mind. My heart felt heavy hearing how there was always a part of her that was worried about how either Yoongi or I would leave because this dynamic wasn't what we'd envisioned when we pictured having a mate.

My mother had always said when I was growing up that when I got a female mate of my own, not all of their problems would need to be solved by me; she said that sometimes a woman just wanted to be listened to. So, taking my mother's advice, I did just that.

I became Cara's safe place where she could get everything off her chest. I made sounds to let her know I was taking in every word she spoke, but I knew this wasn't one of those talks where she wanted me to solve things for her; this was Cara simply releasing what was in her heart and mind without having to worry about judgement.

"I love you more than there are stars in the universe," I murmured softly when she was done. I stared into those gorgeous eyes I loved so much, wondering if there had ever been a set created that had been more lovely than hers. "Yes, you are my mate, Cara, and that means I will always love you. I want you to know, Angel, that even though you were created for me by destiny, fate never decided how much I have to love you, how deep my emotions for you run. I love you so fiercely that it feels like I'll be swallowed by the flames of love and desire. Even if I'm burned alive, I will happily take it because you mean that much to me."