Chapter 26 - Cara (early summer, 2024)

"Hey, settle down

"Hey, settle down. Baby, you look like you've got ants in your pants," Yoongi said amongst giggles as he snuggled into my side, purrs filling the air as my fingers wound through his silky hair to scratch his fluffy ears.

I couldn't help it. Today Jimin was moving in with us and I was simply too excited to sit still. It had been a busy week for our family with everyone working in shifts to pitch in and help the Arctic fox pack up his one-bedroom apartment while he was out of town for work. Initially, we had been bargaining on Jimin being able to take a couple of days off and move in earlier, but the case had taken an unexpected turn – what that was, well we weren't allowed to know.

So, to help my mate, everyone else had gone over to his place early on Saturday morning and come late afternoon, all of Jimin's belongings had not only been packed and moved, but we were able to unpack them too. All that was left was for him to rearrange things the way he wanted.

I had been counting down the hours and minutes all day until my handsome mate would finally come in through the front door with the key Yoongi and I had given him last week. My heart was beating wildly in my chest, a mixture of excitement and nervousness flowing through me. I wasn't anxious about the three of us living together, more so about Yoongi's next rut that was due in little under a month seeing as he had just finished his last one a few days ago. I had heard stories of hybrids who were in a multi-mate group but not all mated together and how there was sometimes jealousy or infighting whenever heats or ruts came along.

For all our sakes, I hope that my two mates won't be like that.

The sound of keys jingling and the lock turning caught Yoongi's attention first. Feeling him nuzzling into my neck and whispering a quiet 'he's here' in my ear had me jumping from our seat on the couch. I giggled at the death stare my cat hybrid gave me as he fell into the cushion; it was the exact same look Yoongles often gave me whenever I would backcomb his fur to make weird hairstyles.

"Jiminie!" I cried out in excitement the second the front door opened, startling the Arctic fox to the point he fell on his butt. "Oh shit," I whispered as I ran to help him up.

"Someone's just a tiny bit excited," Yoongi muttered sarcastically as he sauntered over and grabbed Jimin's bag, placing it on the sofa carefully. "Cara's been waiting and watching the door for the past three hours."

Jimin let out his angelic giggle, the one that made my heart sing with happiness whenever I heard it. "Darling, I told you I wouldn't finish until at least 6pm and it takes a little longer to get here than my last place in the city," he said with a wide smile on his face as he wrapped his arms around my waist, mine finding their way to his shoulders as I scratched his white ears. "Did you miss me that much? I just saw you yesterday morning."

I mumbled something, trying to hide it from my mates. But I should have known that with their enhanced hearing, Jimin and Yoongi caught every word. The grey cat hybrid joined in on our hug, my back warm from his body heat. "We always miss you too, Kitten. If Jimin is anything like me, you're on our minds all day, every day." I shuddered as his breath tickled my neck as his hands kneaded my hips like he often did to his soft blankets while in animal form.