Chapter 1

By Awesomesauce14

POP! CRACK!

The horrifying sounds of the fire could only mean one thing. The Moxxin's Manor roof was caving in.

"Go, Lucy!" shouted her father.

"No, I don't want to leave you!" she shouted back, tears in her eyes. All of a sudden, a piece of the roof crashed to the ground, creating a barrier between them.

"Run," her father said, coughing and wheezing. There was no chance of his wife and him escaping. They were too focused on getting Lucy out. Lucy ran to the door, looking back hesitantly.

"We love you," her mother said, her voice choked up. She took off the sapphire choker from around her neck and threw it to her beloved daughter.

"Don't forget us!" her father shouted. The last thing Lucy saw of her parents was them holding each other. Then the roof caved in. They were gone. For good.

Meanwhile an old couple was walking quickly home to get out of the soaking rain.

"John, stop." the woman paused. "Do you hear that?"

"What is it, Mary?" he asked his wife.

"Crying," she answered, listening closely.

"Crying?" he repeated puzzled.

"This way." she pointed to the hill to her right. She ran up it as fast as her legs would allow her, wanting to know where the noise was coming from.

"Something is here," she said, disappearing behind the hill. John slowly climbed up. By the time he to the top, Mary was already at the bottom. He was getting ready to go down when he noticed that Mary was coming back up with a child in her arms.

"It's a girl." she said looking down at the little girl no more then three.

Gasp!

"Lucy." the girl said, suddenly opened her one brown eye and blue one. Then blacked out. The couple was surprised. Mary almost dropped Lucy, but John steadied her.

"What's in her hand?" he took the sapphire choker out of Lucy's hand. To my loving daughter. The Moxxin family was engraved on the back of the choker. The couple look at each other. The both had the same thought.

"Come on honey, lets get you home." Mary said, walking home with John.

Ten years later.

P.O.V Lucy

"Mother, I'm home." I said, dropping my school bag on the ground.

"In the garden, honey!" she shouted, from the back of the house. I run to the back of the house.

"Uh, stupid dress." I said pulling down my plain dress off of a nail. I found mother caring for her favorite pink roses.

"They're beautiful mother." I complimented her.

"Thank you." she cut a rose off and put it behind my ear.

"Now you're beautiful too." she said smiling at me. I hugged her.

"Where's your boyfrien? He usually comes to say hello after school." she asked, looking if he was hiding behind me.

"Mother he has a name." I giggled. "He said his grandmother is visting."

"Oh?" she questioned. She went back to work.

"I know you don"t like him, but I trust him. I think I'll go over after dinner." I added. I when back in side the house to do my homework. In London or anywhere people think girls shouldn't have brains just beauty, but I think girls should have brains that's what makes true beauty. Look at the Queen for example. Anyways when, father come home we had dinner.