Chapter 19

"One, two, three. One, two, three."  the dance instructor counted. I looked down at my feet. Left then right. "Ouch!"

"Sorry." I took my foot off of his. I knew I shouldn't of had worn heels.

"Let's start again." he put his hand on my waist then took my hand. The woman began to played the piano again.

"One, two, three. One, two, three." I counted, trying not to look down.

A couple hours later, I started to get the hang of it. 

"Much better." the instructor sounded surprised. The song ended. We bowed.

"Well done." the Queen clapped. She stood up and guided the instructor to the door. "Thank you having the time to come Sir."

"My pleasure your majesty." he said. Then he turned to me. "I can't wait to dance with you at the ball."

"Likewise." I curtsied. He bowed and left. I sat back down at the table ready for more lessons. The woman on the piano had gathered her sheets of music and left.

"Queen Victoria?" I asked. I placed my work down. A thought came to me.

"Yes, my dear?" she sat down across from me.

"I over heard the service talk about a watchdog and a spider that helps you, what does that mean?"

"Oh, well like yourself, the fox, they do... underground work for me." she explained.

"So, there's a watchdog, spider and a fox?" I thought out loud.

"Precisely."

"If I may ask, who are they?" I asked.

"They are nobles, also like you. Alois Trancy, spider and Ciel Phantomhive, watchdog."

I almost fell out of my chair.

"C-Ciel?" I studded.

"Yes, do you know him?"

"I thought I did." I mumbled.

"But the watchdog has hated the spider for as long as I could remember. I didn't understand why, Ciel and Alois both have simpler backgrounds." the Queen though for a moment. "Now that I think of it, so do you."

"Don't remind me." I thought.

Later that night, I was getting ready for bed. I slipped my night gown on.

"Ciel." I haven't thought of him, since the night I was in the barn with my ex. "Oh, how I would love to meet Alois, to have a little fun."

I shook my head. I needed to keep my forces on the Christmas ball.