Chapter 20

"This dress is perfect for tonight." my hand maid clapped her hands together. She was more excited then me. She was helping me try on my new dress for the Christmas ball. The fabric was surprisingly comfortable. It was royal blue with puffy sleeves that had ruffles, a sweetheart neckline, a bow went around the waist and flared out with ruffles parted down the middle to line the bottom of the dress with more ruffles.

"I feel like a doll in this dress." I spun around. It looked like petals on a flower.

"Miss Lucy, all the gentleman are going to want to dance with you." the maid sighed.

"Maybe?" I didn't want to dance the whole time.

"Oh, I wish I could go. I hear the Earl to Trancy is going to be there." the maid said.

"Alois Trancy?" I asked.

"Yes, he's so handsome." she had a dreamily look in her eyes.

"What make you say that?" I wondered.

"He has short-ish platinum blonde hair, pale skin, 5'5" and has the most beautiful icy blue eyes." she explained like she knew him like the back of her hand.

"He does sounds handsome." I said.

"Bet I could beat you if only you saw Ci... no don't go there." I thought to myself.

"Indeed." she agreed.

"You know what if I get to meet him I'll tell him you say hello." I said.

"Really?!" she asked surprised.

"Yes. It's the least I could do." I smiled.

"Thank you Miss. Lucy." she jumped and hugged me.

*

I put my sapphire choker on, I pinned my long black hair up and applied a smokey eye on my brown and blue eyes. Suddenly there was a knock at the bedroom door.

"Come in!" I said as I put pear shaped sapphire earrings on.

"You look gorgeous." Queen Victora came up behind me. "But there's something missing."

"What?" I asked. She had a wooden box behind her. She showed it to me and opened it.

"This." she pulled out a small silver tiara and placed it on my head. I looked in the mirror. It was lovely. "Your parents would be very proud to see their little girl grow up to be a beautiful young woman."

"You think?" I asked.

"I know." she set her hand on my shoulder and we looked in the mirror together.

"Thank you for everything."

"Your like a daughter to me, I would do anything for you." she tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I got up and hugged her. "Ready?"

My stomach had butterflies inside. This was my first ball, it was a mix of excitement and nervousness. I took a deep breath.

"Yes." I tried not to sound as nervous as I really was.

"Shoulders back, chin up and smile." she said. I hook arms with her and we stepped out of the bedroom to join the fun.