Chapter 22

P.O.V Ciel
This morning, I've prepared for you blueberry muffins and a cup of fruit on the side." Sebastian explained the meal before me.

"Uh." I wasn't listening.

"Is there something wrong, my Lord?" he asked.

"No." I lied. He looked at me, knowing that I was lying.

"I saw Lucy at the ball. Her sole smelled amazing." he smirked.

"Weird, I didn't smell it at all." I thought.

"I think I should get to work." I took a bite off of the muffin, stood up and headed off to my office.

Later, Sebastian come in with a silver tray of tea. He set it down in front of me.

"This afternoon Prince Soma and you are scheduled to play a game of chess." Sebastian informed me.

"Alright." I said, not interested in playing chess with him. Sebastian left and closed the door behind him. I looked up for my work and eyed my chess set. I had a flash back.

"Dammit, you took my Queen." she sighed.

"Your move." I chuckled. She smiled and moved a pawn.

The flash back changed.

"I'm not your pawn anymore." she raised her voice. "Your move."

It rang in my ears.

"Your move."

I was usually quick on my feet, but when it came to love, I had ran out of moves. I felt tears slowly inch down my face. It's been a long time that I've missed someone so much it hurt since my parents died. I had to do something, but what?

"What has happened to me. How can one girl make me fall apart like this?" I wondered.

Through my tears I saw a white letter on the tray next to the tea pot. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. I reached for it.

To Ciel Phantomhive. The Phantomhive manor.

It didn't have a return address. I turned it over nor did it have a seal.

"A mere commoner's letter." I thought. "But it is addressed to me, why not. I have nothing else to do, but dull paper work."

I reached into one of the drawls in my desk and pulled out a silver letter opener. I used it to cut open the letter. I pulled out a brown paper, it had been printed out by one of the pressed shops. I read thought it.

This binding contract that states the two people's names below will wed at the right full age of eighteen. With the support of both sets of parents signatures.

I skimmed through the rest of it. I looked at the signatures. The first pair were signed by the Moxxins and the other pair shocked me.

Vincent Phantomhive, Rachel Phantomhive

"B-but that means..." I read the two names of the people who were supported to be married at the very bottom of the paper.

Lucy Moxxin, Ciel Phantomhive

I abruptly putted the paper down.

"Lucy and I w-were support to be married?!" I tried to wrap my head around what I just read. Now I had a move to make. I stood up and ran down stairs.

"Sebastian ready the carriage!" I shouted as I ran past him.

"Yes, my Lord." I heard him say.

"Good." I thought as I grabbed my walking cane and through my coat on. The front door opened.