Twenty

Pushing his glasses up his nose a bit, Seán seemed to have settled himself after another couple of minutes. "Jeez... okay. Okay. Now that I'm calm, collected and at a respectable volume... how can I help this boy?"

You grinned and shook your head. "Now that you're done fanboy-ing over my trainee, I can explain. We don't have any field duty just yet, but I want Connor to get a hands-on lesson in the sort of atmosphere he's not accustomed to. More specifically a nightclub."

Thick eyebrows raised, the human male nodded. "Throwin' him right into the fray, then! Which one? Bleu Detroit?"

"No, the one in Pontiac. Elektricity."

"Oof. So you two need to look sharp, got it." Seán rubbed his hands together. "Okay, so you can go ahead and use the bathroom, cause I see your train case," he went on, nodding to the things you'd brought. You smiled and let him pull you into another quick hug before you took everything with you upstairs. Then he turned his attention to the android, who already screamed discomfort in his stance. "Connor, my boy, you're comin' with me."

He couldn't exactly say no. With a nod, the RK800 followed your Irish friend upstairs, going past the shut bathroom door into what he concluded to be the master bedroom. All the different items made him open his mouth. "Mr. McLoughlin? May I ask you a question?"

Opening the doors to reveal a large closet, Seán eyed the android over his shoulder. "Just Seán, if ya don't mind, please. And what's the question?"

"Do you have a partner? I'm not getting any other temperature readings other than your own and hers..."

"Oh, that? Evelien's out visiting her family. But she left her car so you two could use it. I can't drive ya, sorry." He was already eyeballing the contents of the closet before walking away from it, shutting the door and approaching your trainee. "All right, Con, off with the jacket. I gotta see what I'm workin' with. Other than a fuckin' beast android," he added, grinning.

[Is that good...?]

Removing his jacket, Seán hung it neatly on a hook on the wall. "Tie too, please. I'll keep your stuff here while you're out. Less risk of losin' shit." When the tie was put with the jacket, Connor found himself under extreme scrutiny by someone he barely knew. "... guessin' you've never worn anything different."

"I have, but only once. I have no reason to otherwise."

"Well, you do now!" Clapping the android's shoulder, Seán chuckled but stopped abruptly, squeezing Connor's shoulder. "... Connor. My boy. You're fuckin' solid, man."

"...... I cannot tell if that is an android joke."

Snorting, Seán made an impatient gesture with his hand. "Shirt off, now. Please. You should probably not wear white anyways, so come on!" The shirt was hung like the rest, but even the human had to stop and admire the android. "Damn. CyberLife knows how to build. Ain't the soft boy you seem like, Con."

The baffled expression only got more pronounced. "I'm sorry, but... I'm not coming to the same conclusion you seem to be. Why does my body's design need to be brought to attention?"

"Cause you're going to a nightclub. You gotta look like you belong. Which means relaxed and casual, but not so casual you won't be allowed in." Walking back to his closet, Seán continued. "Not to mention the fact that you'll want to look the part. Gotta match her effort, man."

Match your effort. "... Seán, what should I be expecting? I'm in a very specific bodyguard-type role. But..." Connor glanced at the shut door. "... she said I was at liberty to flirt at my whim. I was confident in the precinct, but this seems almost overwhelming."