Forty-Six

(No lemonade for this one, but it's implied. So the Mature Warning is mild.)

As your Roomba slipped into the bathroom, you sighed and ran a hand down your face before returning to your bedroom, stepping out of the heels. Sitting on the edge of your bed, your gaze slowly took in the room, knowing all too well how many corgi-related items you had with the tiniest smile.

The smile dropped quickly, and your head hung a little, staring at the floor.

This is an issue. I have a hard time telling him no when he gets all cocky. Wasn't like this at first, all his flirting I'd get mad at.

He must be ecstatic now that I don't lash out at him. Sure, I said I didn't mind it, but... this isn't....

The only way to make this stop is to move out. But I really, really don't wanna do that. Clearly, talking to him doesn't work. I can't avoid him if I'm training him.

What do I have to do, spray him with water, like he's a cat that found plastic to chew? .... I guess it'd be funny.

The shower was still running, so you wandered down the hallway again, finding where the RK800 had been preparing breakfast for you. It was a sweet gesture, and he'd covered the veggies he already chopped with a large bowl. Picking up where he left off, you decided to at least ask Connor to cook the actual omelet; your attempts always ended up being Scrambled Eggs+. Sometimes they were edible.

You couldn't help but notice that he'd chosen vegetables he knew you enjoyed. The red bell pepper, the tiny bit of onion, and now you were working on the mushrooms. For reasons unknown you moved slower than usual, trying to keep your frustrated thoughts at bay in favor of a menial task.

All at once you shut your eyes, groaning to yourself and hating your shattered willpower.

I am such a fucking idiot.

"Detective?" Connor's voice was soft in your ear, followed by a hand on your opposite shoulder. To say you had chills from the way his hand trailed fingertips down to your hip was an understatement. "If I've snuck up on you, I apologize. But... I have to confess that I feel guilty."

Knowing where he was going with it, your mouth pressed thin and pulled to the side. "You and I both know we're shit at keeping our word, Connor. Getting too close is dangerous." Fuck, you already hated saying it. And now you hated that you hated saying it!

Dark eyes watched you and your internal struggles. The very fact that you were struggling at all admittedly gave him hope, and his fuel pump regulator thumped just a little harder. Unfazed by your response, the RK800 took another chance, reaching and gently turning your head to the side so you could see him better. He stood behind you, not too close to piss you off, but enough to make his presence known. "I know, Detective. And I agree. Getting too close endangers the both of us. However..." The hand that had turned your head now stroked your cheek, thumb passing across your lips. Connor gazed at them for a long moment before meeting your gaze again. "Why should we agonize over whether or not this should be avoided?"

"... what the fuck are you talking about?"

"You know I'm attracted to you. You got that confession out of me on your first day. And I would like to hope you feel something similar." The android inched closer, the hand at your hip tugging you towards him. "In fact... I know you do. Your temperature reading tells me you are very quickly growing warm."

God damn it. The fucking heatwave below your stomach had returned without your notice. Cocky bastard. "F-fine. Sure. I'm warm. What's your p-point?"