6.

I make my way through the crowd, and I head outside. I glance around when I spot Scott and Allison dancing. I quickly look away.

It feels wrong to watch him. Besides, I'm just here to make sure he doesn't wolf out on anyone.

I walk over to the table with the punch and pour myself a cup. "Hey, gorgeous."

I turn my head to see a blonde, medium-height guy standing at the punch table. "Keep walking," I roll my eyes.

"Bitch," he comments before walking off.

I roll my eyes and turn my head to see that Scott is gone.

What the hell? I looked away for two seconds.

I set my cup down and rush toward the house. I push my way through the crowd when I spot Stiles. "Hey, did you see Scott pass through here?" I question.

"Yeah... and he looked sick," Stiles nods.

"Shit," I mutter.

I rush through the crowd and out the front door. I notice a car speeding down the road and a dark-haired girl standing on the sidewalk.

I wonder if that's Allison.

From the corner of my eye, I notice someone watching us, and I turn my head to see that it's Derek.

What the hell is he doing here?

"Allison," I call out. She turns her head to look at me, and I approach her. "I'm Scott's sister, Cassie. You need a ride home?"

"Uh... Yeah. Sure, if you don't mind," Allison responds.

"My car's just around the corner," I nod. I glance back to see that Derek's gone.

Strange

Once Allison and I are in my car and on the road, I speak. "Sorry Scott drove off like that."

"It's okay. He looked like he didn't feel well," Allison shrugs.

"Yeah, he mentioned earlier that he wasn't feeling 100%, but he didn't want to miss out on your date," I lie.

"Oh. I would've understood if he canceled."

I smile. "I know that, but he was really looking forward to it."

~ ~ ~

I quietly approach the Hale House and take a deep breath.

I need to know why Derek was at the party and why Stiles called me and told me Scott thinks Derek is the one who bit him and the one who killed the girl in the woods.

I know I barely know him, but in the time that I spent with him last night... I know it couldn't have been him. It just-- It couldn't have been.

I push the door open and walk inside. I shut the door behind me and glance around. "Derek?" I call out. There's no response. "Derek, we need to talk."

I start to walk through the house when I hear a voice. "You shouldn't be here."

I jump and spin around to see him standing behind me. "God, what is with you and sneaking up on me?" I comment. I exhale. "We need to talk."

"About what?"

"About why you were at that party and why I was told Scott thinks you're the one who bit him and turned him into... whatever he is," I respond.

Derek's quiet for a while before he speaks. "You shouldn't be here. It's not safe for you."

I scoff. "What the hell does that mean? We're the only ones out here, so unless you're planning on hurting me--"

"I wouldn't hurt you," he cuts me off.

Well, I wasn't expecting him to say that.

"Then, why would it be unsafe for me?"

"It's complicated," he states.

"Yeah, I noticed," I roll my eyes before stepping toward him. "What did you do to my brother?"

"Cassie--"

"What did you do to my brother?!" I shout as I push him back.

"Go home."

I narrow my eyes at him. "No." His brows raise. "No, I'm not going home until you tell me what's wrong with Scott."

He sighs. "Would you even believe me if I told you?"

"Before tonight? Probably not. Now? I don't know what to think," I admit.

Derek slowly nods. "He's a werewolf." I stare at him in shock. "And there are people in this town who have been hunting werewolves for centuries."

"Hunting? So, they're hunters?"

"Yeah."

"And... if what you say is true about Scott, that means--"

"They're hunting him now, too."