14.

I peek out the busted window to see the cop car pulling up to the house. "That's annoying," I comment quietly.

"Don't worry. I got this," Derek assures me.

I watch as the cop steps out of the car and looks up at the house. "It looks pretty deserted, dispatch. Did you want me to take a look inside?"

"Unit 16, it's county property. Order's to make sure it's vacant," dispatch responds.

"I don't... I don't think anyone's home."

"For the love of God, 16, go inside and see if anyone's in there," dispatch groans.

"Copy that."

The dog from inside the cop car barks which causes him to look back at it. He scoffs and walks toward the house. I glance over at Derek to see his eyes fade to blue.

Wow. His eyes are... well, they're beautiful.

The dog keeps barking, and it's barking keeps getting more desperate, erratic, and aggressive. The cop keeps glancing between the dog and the house. Then, the dog tries to climb out of the window. "Okay, I'm coming." He rushes back over to the cop car, and I smirk.

"That was pretty cool," I admit. My brows furrow when I see Scott approaching the house. "Scott?" I mutter.

We head down the stairs and toward the front door. Derek opens the door, and we both step out of the house. Scott's brows furrow when he sees me. "Cassie? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," I respond.

"I asked first."

"Just... hanging out," I shrug.

He slowly nods. "Right."

"Your turn."

"I need help," Scott sighs.

I look up at Derek, and he sighs. "Fine. I'm listening."

"Okay. I know I was part of you getting arrested and that we basically announced you being here to the hunters. I also don't know what happened to your sister. But I think I did something last night," Scott starts. "I had a dream about someone, but someone else got hurt. And it turns out that part of that dream might have actually happened."

"You think you attacked the driver?" Derek asks.

"Did you see what I did last night?" Scott questions.

"No."

"Can you at least tell me the truth? Am I gonna hurt someone?" Scott continues.

"Yes."

"Could I kill someone?" Scott asks.

"Yes."

"Am I gonna kill someone?" Scott presses.

"Probably." My eyes widen and so does Scott's. "Look, I can show you how to remember. I can show you how to control the shift, even on a full moon. But it's not gonna come for free."

"What do you want?"

"You'll find out," Derek answers. "But for now, I'm gonna give you what you want. Go back to the bus. Go inside. See it, feel it. Let your senses, your sight, smell, touch, let them remember for you."

"That's it? Just go back?"

"Do you want to know what happened?" Derek asks.

"I just want to know if I hurt him," Scott sighs.

"No, you don't. You want to know if you'll hurt her."